• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. Regarding the dlc persona Raoul

User Info: cheatermaster

cheatermaster
4 weeks ago#1
Apparently I understand that it's suppose to be the protagonist third tier persona (like how all the party members' persona evolves a second time similar to Persona 4 Golden). Well, why they hell is the protagonist's third tier persona dlc instead of being gotten through story? Atlus didn't had enough time so they rushed it by making it dlc instead??

Also, in general exactly how good is he overall? I mean the only thing I see out of it is that it has a unique skill that puts the enemies to sleep. Question is is it even useful at all? Truth be told I half expected it has some game breaking skill that does so much damage to most enemies and bosses. Again, exactly is Raoul even good at all? Cause I'm not sure about it's skill that puts most enemies to sleep.

User Info: ClassicAmbiance

ClassicAmbiance
4 weeks ago#2
Phantom Show is amazing

User Info: Chimeramanexe

Chimeramanexe
4 weeks ago#3
Things to understand about sleep:
A very surprising number of regular enemies, and even some boss flunkies, are vulnerable to it.
Sleep removes any resistances the target has (Only resistance, though, immunity, drain, and reflect still function).
All damaging moves will score Technical damage against that target.

This makes Raoul's essentially-guaranteed sleep (with Ailment Boost and max Luck, of course) extremely valuable during the trickiest fights in the game, such as the 5th Palace boss and especially the ultimate NG+ super bonus boss.
FC: 1263-6375-4172
IGN: Nate (in most games)

User Info: HA0U

HA0U
4 weeks ago#4
Lv 95 Satanael isn't devolving into an inferior lv 76 Raoul, that's for sure.

Foul Stench Trait + Lullaby puts it fairly close to Phantom Show.
if you add ailment boost, lullaby's infliction is fairly consistent.
Gott ist tot
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: zoderos

zoderos
4 weeks ago#5
Phantom Show is one of two skills that are aoe and have high ailment infliction rate. This is pretty good, but nothing gamebreaking. Dormina is single target with high sleep infliction rate and can work just as well for the secret ng+ boss. If you really have to have an AOE sleep infliction skill, then lullaby is just as good with ailment boost+sleep boost+foul stench.

Raoul as a Persona is really mediocre to be honest. He has way way way worse resistances than Satanael.

His design definitely checks out based on the other 3rd tier personas. He is inbetween Arsene and Satanael. Perhaps Raoul was indeed going to be Jokas 3rd tier persona, but was scrapped for some reason and sold as DLC. Perhaps he was supposed to appear in the 3rd semester and be plot significant too. Unfortunately we will never know. As it stands, he is paid DLC and he isnt that good anyway. That said, if you buy the bundle for Izanagi no Okami, a persona actually worth getting, then you will get him anyway.

User Info: Silver_Lynel

Silver_Lynel
4 weeks ago#6
I mean from a power gaming perspective, yeah you can do a lot better than Raoul. I never understood these breakdowns though, and the ones where people list some perfect lineup of Personas, even on Merciless the game never comes close to making that sort of power gaming feel rewarding.

Straight out of the box he’s pretty good though, nice unique ability and his unique trait is fun too.

User Info: Flare_Wolf

Flare_Wolf
4 weeks ago#7
Silver_Lynel posted...
...even on Merciless the game never comes close to making that sort of power gaming feel rewarding.
That's one of my biggest gripes with modern Persona as a whole.
Flare Wolf from "Skylanders: Imaginators" has such an amazing design but is used literally nowhere. Not in the animated series, not in comics. Why.

User Info: Silver_Lynel

Silver_Lynel
4 weeks ago#8
Flare_Wolf posted...
That's one of my biggest gripes with modern Persona as a whole.
Well, part of the issue is if the game did get to that point, you'd see just how completely useless your teammates are. They'd have to allow for a much greater level of adaptability for them as well, at least more than small stat increases and minor move tweaks from the Jazz club.

User Info: LnV

LnV
2 weeks ago#9
Only because Phantom Show isn't a " Press 1 button and deal 9999 dmg" skill doesn't mean it is bad.
Sleep techs from literally any damage type in the game, even almighty. With added Techinical and Batton Pass Ranks that can lead up to some obscene damage. This is incredible for cleaning trash mobs and when facing challenge battles.
If you combo him with a Magatsu Izanagi, you are able to surpass even Yos***sunes damage output easily.
And keep in mind that Phantom Show base hit ratio is insane, I am not really sure but there is no doubt that it is AT LEAST 90%(Can be more), if you level up your Luck properly you won't need aliment boost and similar skills at all, so his Sleep skill set is pretty much complete at 1 slot, so you you are free to use the remaining slots for anything else you wish.

User Info: dsky9000

dsky9000
2 weeks ago#10
HA0U posted...
Lv 95 Satanael isn't devolving into an inferior lv 76 Raoul, that's for sure.

Foul Stench Trait + Lullaby puts it fairly close to Phantom Show.
if you add ailment boost, lullaby's infliction is fairly consistent.

but cost more sp
Love your enemies,do good to those who hate,bless those who curse you,pray for those who abuse you.
Psn:Jphx9000
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. Regarding the dlc persona Raoul
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A