• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. What makes Persona 5 so long?

User Info: Valentine242fe

Valentine242fe
1 week ago#1
I heard it takes 100 hours to beat the main story. I’m very interested in picking it up but I’m scared about the amount of grinding I have to do.

User Info: Flare_Wolf

Flare_Wolf
1 week ago#2
A lot of dialogue. A LOT. Unlike past games (which took about 80 hours, on average but it depends), characters endlessly repeat the same info that was said, like, 10-20 minutes ago.
Flare Wolf from "Skylanders: Imaginators" has such an amazing design but is used literally nowhere. Not in the animated series, not in comics. Why.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
1 week ago#3
grinding is the the reason the games long, so fear not!
https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1192803964686749696

User Info: BlueSnow

BlueSnow
1 week ago#4
There's no grinding required whatsoever.
The day to day stuff, hanging out with people, story, dialogue and dungeon crawling naturally make this a 120 hours game.
REmake > 2 > 3 > 1 > 0 > Outbreak 1&2 > CV >> 4 > 5 > RE2 2019 > RE3 2020 >> Rev1 > Rev2 > ORC > 6 > 7

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
1 week ago#5
It's mainly that the story is really long. There's never going to be a point in the game where grinding is necessary. Battles actually typically go by pretty quick too, since most battles you can finish in a single turn if you plan things out right.

If you like a good story, you'll probably love this game because its story is fantastic.

BlueSnow
1 week ago#6
DylanYoshi posted...
It's mainly that the story is really long. There's never going to be a point in the game where grinding is necessary. Battles actually typically go by pretty quick too, since most battles you can finish in a single turn if you plan things out right.

If you like a good story, you'll probably love this game because its story is fantastic.

The story is pretty average actually, serviceable, but nothing special. Generally speaking and compared to other Persona games. 3&4 have a way better story.
I mean, there's basically no thrill, no mystery, no end goal you are pursuing. At least not like in 3&4.
REmake > 2 > 3 > 1 > 0 > Outbreak 1&2 > CV >> 4 > 5 > RE2 2019 > RE3 2020 >> Rev1 > Rev2 > ORC > 6 > 7

User Info: DylanYoshi

DylanYoshi
1 week ago#7
BlueSnow posted...
The story is pretty average actually, serviceable, but nothing special. Generally speaking and compared to other Persona games. 3&4 have a way better story.
I mean, there's basically no thrill, no mystery, no end goal you are pursuing. At least not like in 3&4.

Are you unaware that this is why people think 4 fans are really obnoxious, or are you specifically trying to make people hate them?

BlueSnow
1 week ago#8
DylanYoshi posted...

Are you unaware that this is why people think 4 fans are really obnoxious, or are you specifically trying to make people hate them?

Just telling the truth. I love Persona 5 anyway you know ?! I played it 10 times after all. You can criticise something without hating it.

User Info: Slayer_22

Slayer_22
1 week ago#9
DylanYoshi posted...

Lol, wtf? It's fair to think the game has an average story. The story is fine, I played 5 first(then bought a Vita for 3 and 4), and I feel that, compared to 4, it's story is clearly inferior. It's not to say it's bad. It's just worse. Which, again, is not an insult by any stretch of the imagination, considering it's still a good story.

What, do people hate 4 fans because they don't think P5's story is the second coming of Jesus? You're obnoxious because you don't bow your head as P5 walks into the room, and apologize profusely for being in it's presence? You're allowed to critique a game you enjoy, bro.
livingdeadrpg.proboards.com
"And no I'm not signing your twitter after this type of attitude so don't ask..." - IIINCORRUPTIBLE

User Info: piplupzero

piplupzero
1 week ago#10
You dont need to grind in royal at all and if you choose to just get chariot to rank 3 or whenver you get the insta kill on weaker opponents and you can grind like 10 levels in a few minutes to trivilise the combat. What actually uses all that time is the life sim stuff. You gotta go to school, choose an action, spend the day doing it then head to bed. Even if you try to speed through these parts theres about 2 minutes of unskippable cutsene at the start and end of every day plus every action will have a cutscene or playable minigame which adds up over hundreds of days. It works to get you immersed but theres no way to fast track it.
Timesplitters is the best game series ever! C/C The choice is clear.
While Sony and Microsoft are counting dollars, Nintendo are counting stars
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. What makes Persona 5 so long?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A