• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. Would you be hurt if you found out you were a Social Link?!?!!

User Info: Penitent

Penitent
6 days ago#1
Huh huh??!?!?

Just imagine if you were close friends or in a relationship with someone only to realize they're a super powered jrpg protagonist and their "Rank" with you is what gives them their power!!

Like, would you at any point call your relationship into question?? Just ask yourself if they really cared about you, or if it was all a FARCE and they were just using you to achieve UNLIMITED POWEEEEEERRRRRR!!!!!

I dunno ladies and gents, I think this could make for a good sub plot in the next game! Just imagine all the drama that could unfold!
Bad writing is bad writing, famalam!
I’d kinda be hyped to figure out what my arcana is.
Not changing this part of my sig until Waluigi is in Smash- Started 8/17/18
Fav games: Xenoblade (1) > P4G>P5>DQ11>FETH

User Info: Holmcross

Holmcross
6 days ago#3
As the player I am the ultimate social link, nothing in the game happens without me, just untapped potential.
Anything and anyone can fail, but brave good friends help.

User Info: Chandilir

Chandilir
6 days ago#4
It’s literally impossible to be a social link if the person doesn’t care about you. They only get a social link from forming a true bond with someone else. So just the simple fact that the only way I can be a social link is if that person truly cares about me is good enough reason for me to be pretty happy about it.

User Info: Archwing3441

Archwing3441
6 days ago#5
Chandilir posted...
It’s literally impossible to be a social link if the person doesn’t care about you. They only get a social link from forming a true bond with someone else. So just the simple fact that the only way I can be a social link is if that person truly cares about me is good enough reason for me to be pretty happy about it.
I thought the only way to max a social link is to form true bonds, you can still form social link without a true bond.

Now are we speaking persona 5 confidants, or persona 3/4 social links. People use the term interchangeable but there is a difference, Confidants are based on a give and take, so you don't even really need to form strong bonds to begin it.

Also, the real question to ask is how far is your bond? The only thing worse with realizing they might just be your friend for godly power, is if they didn't become your friend despite needing godly power. That would imply you are so unliked, the concept of having godly power isn't enough to want to spend time with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KztZmZDNCVg

User Info: zelos71

zelos71
6 days ago#6
Now that I think about it - there's probably not a single person who leveled their Social Link with me above 5. I'm sad.

User Info: 1Tekkaman

1Tekkaman
6 days ago#7
Wouldn't bother me because of one important fact: If the bonds are not genuine they have no power.
I swim through a sea of stars. . . .

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
6 days ago#8
Archwing3441 posted...
I thought the only way to max a social link is to form true bonds, you can still form social link without a true bond.
I mean, if you wanna max it out, you're gonna be pretty bonded. 5 and 3's original route generally involve approaching others for the protagonist's own benefit (in 5 it's "to get [x] for the phantom thieves", in 3 it's pretty much literally "if these people like you, you get more XP"), but by the time you get to max rank, it seems assumed that the relationship is a sincere one.

And I dunno, I think I'd be willing to give a magic teenager an XP bonus and a couple weeks of my time to get some of my life problems sorted out.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.

User Info: SkittySaysMeow

SkittySaysMeow
6 days ago#9
I would feel pretty cool honestly. Even a side feature as part of a major gameplay mechanic and a role in the story is great. Though I’ve always fancied myself as a party member (not THE main character though) so it would kinda suck.
I wonder what abilities I’d grant though.
SFV: Cammy, Karin | UMvC3: Shuma/Morrigan/Amaterasu | MK11: D'Vorah, Sindel | SSBU: Lucas | DS3: Q-Bee | BBTAG: Mitsuru, Akihiko | GBFV: Beelzebub
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: LightEmperor

LightEmperor
6 days ago#10
WibbleWobbleWok posted...
I’d kinda be hyped to figure out what my arcana is.

And I'd be hyped to know what powers I'd provide the Phantom Thieves just from simply being friends with Joker.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. Would you be hurt if you found out you were a Social Link?!?!!
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A