• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. Why is the extra content not available as DLC for vanilla?

User Info: draxenz

draxenz
3 days ago#1
Wanting people who bought the original to pay for a full priced game, for what is essentially the same game with extra content, seems really scummy.

User Info: NintendoFan81

NintendoFan81
3 days ago#2
Because they know they can get away with it- since they've done it for several Persona games already.

User Info: Icefang526

Icefang526
3 days ago#3
A lot of aspects of the game have been reworked and changed. It's not just a section of extra content added to the end-game. I can't claim to know the details of how patches/dlcs work, but considering the amount of stuff that has been changed, I think it would be pretty difficult to implement as a simple dlc.
PSN ID: Judgment526
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Saiaxs

Saiaxs
3 days ago#4
Royal runs on a different engine so the new stuff couldn’t be added to vanilla

like asking if Halo 4 content could be added to Halo 3

User Info: Heartfang

Heartfang
3 days ago#5
The game comes out in a week, I thought we were past this BS.

If you don't like the fact that they released an expanded edition of a game 3 years after release, just don't buy it.
The internet was a mistake

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
3 days ago#6
Because the new story wouldn't work nearly as well if you just tacked it on as a semi-sequel.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.

User Info: draxenz

draxenz
3 days ago#7
I still don't get why they can't offer the game as a paid update. They could have added it as a an option, e.g. New Game, New game Royal. Worst case scenario, Persona 5 is 20 gigs while Persona 5 Royal is 30, so the space required is increased to 50. What's stopping them from releasing is as an optional update for vanilla and also releasing it stand alone? There is no justification that I can see, it's all about money.The only comment in here that works is the first: Because they know they can get away with it- since they've done it for several Persona games already.

You guys are acting like this is a new game, it's not. It's an updated version of an existing game. This is a slap in the face to anyone who bought the original. 3 years is nothing, this is not some FF7 remake. Frankly, I can't believe some of you are eating this up and acting like it's okay. Are you really such die hard Persona fans that you can just let BS like this slide?

I'm really not trying to start something here, but this just doesn't sit well with me.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: omegafire18

omegafire18
3 days ago#8
draxenz posted...
You guys are acting like this is a new game, it's not. It's an updated version of an existing game. This is a slap in the face to anyone who bought the original. 3 years is nothing, this is not some FF7 remake. Frankly, I can't believe some of you are eating this up and acting like it's okay. Are you really such die hard Persona fans that you can just let BS like this slide?
I bought/played the original (which was my first Persona game, mind), and I don't feel in any way robbed lol. Because in my experience, Royal may be quite similar, but all the additions/changes add up and will make it a new experience again - not a new game, just a new experience compared to the original.

^And I'm willing to experience that again, just as many others are for their own reasons, because I personally find joy in the experiences themselves; the money itself is a secondary thing to me, and always will be. Yet even with that said, I got my money's worth out of P5 several times over, and because I feel that way I'm willing to buy it again and get my money's worth out of Royal several times over too.

Those are my reasons for not seeing it as BS, at least. And as I said, others will have their own as well
Just someone with different standards for reality and fiction. The latter is generally much more open, and is personally considered much more interesting.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: IrvingLee510

IrvingLee510
3 days ago#9
It's basically a new game. Royal is Atlus' biggest title yet, and the one that took the most resources they have ever made: https://personacentral.com/persona-game-active-development-timeline-after-p5/

It's silly to sell the biggest title they have ever made as mere paid DLC.

User Info: Black_Fire

Black_Fire
3 days ago#10
They should have just did what world of final fantasy did with maxima. Next time I’ll just wait for the complete version of a persona game. P5 was my first persona btw so i wasn't aware of the precedent of an updated version.

I fully expect strikers to get the same treatment so im waiting on that as well :/
"Hatred is what drives me!" Judge Gabranth
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. Why is the extra content not available as DLC for vanilla?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A