• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. PSA: Phantom Thieves Edition soundtrack has only 10 tracks on it

User Info: SirBuckford

SirBuckford
1 week ago#1
Super disappointed, but glad I found out before mine got shipped. The soundtrack included only contains 10 tracks from Royal, which is really odd considering that there's like 29 new tracks total in the game.

I know this isn't a deal breaker for everyone but wanted to let others like me know just in-case. Went ahead and pre-ordered the launch edition from Amazon, which is $50 currently!
"Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves." -C.S. Lewis

User Info: I_caught_fire

I_caught_fire
1 week ago#2
Yeah, some of us were complaining about it in another topic. Japan got all 29 tracks across two disks and we get a sampler with some of the best songs omitted.

Sucks but what can ya do.
I'm not living, I'm just killing time

User Info: YamiJustin

YamiJustin
1 week ago#3
I'm glad I looked into this. It shouldn't be called the soundtrack then.. should be like "a selection of songs from the soundtrack" or something.

I'd imagine the OST is around 100 tracks
3DS Friend Code: 2853-0143-3490 | Steam & PSN: YamiJustin | Geforce 1080 Ti Hydro Copper | Currently playing Final Fantasy XII Zodiac Age

User Info: realtime88

realtime88
1 week ago#4
Atlus has always been stingy when it comes to their soundtracks. The soundtrack for Devil Survivor 2 only came with 4 songs.

User Info: Orochi_

Orochi_
1 week ago#5
I have the original ost it cost me 20 bucks from the Apple Store. Maybe this soundtrack is for all new songs?

Either way, Im with you guys on this complaint. So dont get me wrong
:p

User Info: TheKingOfPain

TheKingOfPain
1 week ago#6
YamiJustin posted...
I'm glad I looked into this. It shouldn't be called the soundtrack then.. should be like "a selection of songs from the soundtrack" or something.

I'd imagine the OST is around 100 tracks
Almost 140 IIRC.
Don't be afraid.
Be terrified.

User Info: I_caught_fire

I_caught_fire
1 week ago#7
Orochi_ posted...
I have the original ost it cost me 20 bucks from the Apple Store. Maybe this soundtrack is for all new songs?

Either way, Im with you guys on this complaint. So dont get me wrong

The soundtrack Japan got covers all the new songs added to Royal, and afaik there’s no other way to get that soundtrack than having their Collector’s Edition. I haven’t seen it on sale at cdjapan, etc. Even then it would be ridiculously overpriced much like the original OST STILL is 😣
I'm not living, I'm just killing time

User Info: sting__art

sting__art
1 week ago#8
I'm just going to repeat what I've said a dozen times already, the full soundtrack wasn't going to happen.

The Phantom Thieves Edition already includes 2 items that are worth 15 to 20 dollars each through the hardcover full color english text artbook and the wearable mask plus stand. Getting a mini-CD on top of all that is just a bonus.

We could've gotten it but the price would've been higher too. I wouldn't have been against paying 149,- if it meant getting a full persona 5 + royal soundtrack with it but I'm quite sure I'm one of the few.

User Info: MadDewg

MadDewg
1 week ago#9
I_caught_fire posted...
Sucks but what can ya do.
Just like with the first game's full ost, for me its the...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i8ju_10NkGY

life.
GTag:MadDogg730 PSN:lMadDogg NNID:xMadDoggx I bet my left nut on bloodstained ritual of the night being awesome...I like my left nut IGA, come through for me.

User Info: Black_Assassin

Black_Assassin
1 week ago#10
They should be called samples instead of soundtracks.

Just sail the seven seas matey.
Want to cure diseases with your spare computing power?
http://folding.stanford.edu/
  1. Boards
  2. Persona 5 Royal
  3. PSA: Phantom Thieves Edition soundtrack has only 10 tracks on it
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A