• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Blaster Master Zero II
  3. Warning: Stranga softlock possible with Copen

User Info: TheOmegaMetroid

TheOmegaMetroid
8 months ago#1
On Stranga, you often have to drill through large blocks with your tank to make progress, with the blocks indestructible by other means available to you. Copen is able to cover most of the map on his own, and typically does better without G-LOLA (his tank). ...He does not, however, have a way to break through drill blocks without G-LOLA. This makes it possible to get stuck in the part of Strange containing dungeons 2 and 3, with G-LOLA trapped somewhere on the other side of the blocks (I discovered this after leaving my tank in the last place I used it, on the flower in the bottom right overworld room).

There are no retry points nearby, and it seems to be impossible to use the G-LOLA warp, leaving you unable to return to your tank or summon it to you, and unable to break through the barriers between it and you.
Prepare to have your life force sucked out...
This warning was paid for by the Metroid Organization (see profile); FCs (MPH included) are on my profile page.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
8 months ago#2
I find it weird that you don't spawn in the tank by default
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

TheOmegaMetroid
8 months ago#3
It is a bit weird, but makes sense from a meta perspective (it tells the player that Cohen doesn't need his tank, and encourages you to play around with him in the overworld).

It would probably be fine if you could call your tank to you at dungeon entrances, or if it automatically spawned near the entrance of certain dungeons (similarly to _Zero 1_, which did that in a couple places to... prevent exactly this kind of problem from happening 😛), but... hopefully they'll push a patch when they realise this can happen again.
This warning was paid for by the Metroid Organization (see profile); FCs (MPH included) are on my profile page.

User Info: Gargomon251

Gargomon251
8 months ago#4
I didn't even know who copen was until I googled it. There's no real story in this mode either. And you still need the tank to beat the game anyway.
"No point in having two characters that are pretty much carbon copies. Am I right?" - Viridi

TheOmegaMetroid
6 months ago#5
A bit late to report, but...

As of the last patch, this has been fixed: If you leave yourself softlocked and unable to reach G-LOLA, then upon leaving a dungeon, the game will move it beside the entrance for you. (This only happens if unable to reach it; if you're able to reach either the tank or an overworld save point, then it won't teleport.)
  1. Boards
  2. Blaster Master Zero II
  3. Warning: Stranga softlock possible with Copen
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A