• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. UnderMine
  3. come on people this is great

User Info: nabuch

nabuch
3 months ago#1
So in case anyone is wondering if they should get this, the answer is definitely. Is is addictive up the wazoo. After more than 20 hours I'm still only on the second dungeon and with every run being completely different I still find things I never found before. There's a lot to figure out and if anyone is interested in some beginner tips let me know, but no sense in posting something no one will see. At $20 this is a great bargain. It is kind of like that Rogue game where when you died your ancestor took your place, but definitely it is its own game as well.

User Info: joyce_181502

joyce_181502
3 months ago#2
I don't know if the game is worth $20 because it seems waaay too grindy in the early game for me.

Repeatedly going through the Goldmine levels get boring as you slowly unlock the ability to keep more gold on death so you can then unlock the higher cost items. Also dying and not spending gold on anything so you can carry over gold instead for the next time you die just reinforces the grind.

Then there's also the "fun" of doing a run where you only seem to be given keys but need bombs for everything or then you get a ton of bombs and no keys where the hidden puzzles all spawn locked chests.

I don't feel it's a bad game but I do feel other "rogue-lites" like Rogue Legacy, Deadcells, Enter the Gungeon, etc. are better options and handle the death, gameplay variation, and level randomization mechanics better. Children of Morta kind of has the same early grindy problem of this game but I feel that one's better because of the graphics, story, and the choice of playstyles based on which family member you decide to start your run with.
  1. Boards
  2. UnderMine
  3. come on people this is great
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A