This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR : No remake, just a Switch port of Diamond/Pearl that cost 60 bucks

User Info: WizardHazard

WizardHazard
6 days ago#1
Sounds like something Nintendo would do lol

User Info: SuperPocketMan

SuperPocketMan
6 days ago#2
Platinum or No Buy.

Just base D/P had so many issues, that being on the switch won't redeem them. It needs all the fixes and changes from Platinum.
Switch FC: 1161-9206-0151 | IGN: Mr. Pockets |
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... have at you!

User Info: WizardHazard

WizardHazard
6 days ago#3
SuperPocketMan posted...
Platinum or No Buy.

Just base D/P had so many issues, that being on the switch won't redeem them. It needs all the fixes and changes from Platinum.
2 games sell better than one

User Info: SuperPocketMan

SuperPocketMan
6 days ago#4
WizardHazard posted...
2 games sell better than one
that doesn't change the fact that the original Diamond/Pearl had several Fundamental Issues, that were major deal breakers for some people, and most of them were only fixed when Platinum rolled around. I would never touch D/P again as long as Platinum exists, and I'd much rather bust out my 2DS to play Platinum than play Diamond/Pearl on the Switch.
Switch FC: 1161-9206-0151 | IGN: Mr. Pockets |
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... have at you!
How would they do a switch port of a DS game that relies heavily on the bottom screen?
As I've wrote in another topic Gamefreak might as unlikely as it is release just Diamond and Pearl but not on the Switch but through 3DS VC. The Switch controllers don't have a touchscreen which would either mean they make the game work in Handheld mode only or remove the touchscreen functions which would make the Poketch useless.

Super Nintendo Fan since 1991

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
6 days ago#7
Based on the 3DS VC games, doesn't sound likely
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
6 days ago#8
I’ll never understand how everyone keeps saying they’ll put DS games as ports when it literally makes no sense with the format of the DS vs the format of the switch
it all comes together
Zyguardian posted...
I’ll never understand how everyone keeps saying they’ll put DS games as ports when it literally makes no sense with the format of the DS vs the format of the switch
!!!!!

User Info: Savra104

Savra104
6 days ago#10
nightblade_hawk posted...
As I've wrote in another topic Gamefreak might as unlikely as it is release just Diamond and Pearl but not on the Switch but through 3DS VC. The Switch controllers don't have a touchscreen which would either mean they make the game work in Handheld mode only or remove the touchscreen functions which would make the Poketch useless.
Considering that when Nintendo made a second version of the Switch, they went with a handheld-only Switch with no docking capability... They have probably at least thought about it...

I don't think it's that likely, though.

Zyguardian posted...
It probably isn't actually that hard to display both DS screens on the Switch's one screen. Further, the Switch is also a handheld with a touchscreen, so it's not like they couldn't retain or rework touchscreen support for the Switch. I won't say it's probable that they would do it, but it's probably very possible to port DS and 3DS games to the Switch in a fairly convenient manner (for handheld mode and the Switch Lite).
(edited 6 days ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR : No remake, just a Switch port of Diamond/Pearl that cost 60 bucks
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A