This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Would Crown Tundra been better if it brought back Megas?

User Info: Bellethor

Bellethor
2 days ago#1
The insanely powerful mons introduced in Crown Tundra power creep just about everything. It'd be cool if megas were brought back so we could do something about f***ing Glastrier.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Zeraora

Zeraora
2 days ago#2
i mean yeah, adding more types of opponents is always going to make the game more interesting, and it's not like there's much more grave-pissing that can be done on dynamax formats

but it wouldn't fix any of the game's fundamental flaws

User Info: Tomasagaz14

Tomasagaz14
2 days ago#3
No, it'd be just worse, Megas aren't good.
Official Mr. Who Would Win and Mr. Roleplay.
Smash Most Wanteds: Phoenix Wright, Bandana Dee, Dimentio or Paper Mario, Terra Branford and Soma Cruz.

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
2 days ago#4
I think it would’ve just made things too messy with dynamax already in the game so I think it’s good as it is
it all comes together

User Info: Leon481

Leon481
2 days ago#5
I'm not really sure what Megas could actually add to the Crown Tundra itself to actually improve it.

The metagame may be a different story, but I'm not enough of an expert to estimate what effect they might have in the current landscape.

User Info: Bellethor

Bellethor
2 days ago#6
Zyguardian posted...
I think it would’ve just made things too messy with dynamax already in the game so I think it’s good as it is
I was fine with it pre Crown Tundra and I didn't have to deal with unkillable dynamaxed Trick Room Glastrier constantly.

Why isn't he banned in ranked? He's beyond perfect. He's tankier than toxapex, with the perfect speed for trick room, who will survive anything and get boosted with weakness policy/moxie and wreck anything in the game. There's pretty much nothing you can do about Glastrier especially if you pair him with Dusclops in doubles. You could use Life Orb Garchomp, Blaziken, or even Urshifu and Glastrier will wreck any of them.
Peanut Butter Jelly Time
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Zeraora

Zeraora
2 days ago#7
as of last week, the top pokemon in vgc (tapu fini) was at nearly 60% usage

we're already approaching 2015/16 levels of cancer, might as well go all in

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
2 days ago#8
It would have made CT worse by bringing back Mega Evolution.

Bellethor posted...
Why isn't he banned in ranked?

Because it's not considered a Mythical, etc. and Ranked has blanket bans.

Also it's not even that popular anyway. I think it was at 25% or something last time I checked.

Zeraora posted...
as of last week, the top pokemon in vgc (tapu fini) was at nearly 60% usage

60% is basically 50% and 50/50 is a coinflip. If you can't outplay a coin flip that's your problem.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: Catmeister

Catmeister
2 days ago#9
Tomasagaz14 posted...
No, it'd be just worse, Megas aren't good.

Troll slayer Cate: the hero Gamefaqs needs, but certainty not the one it deserves.
Ya'all need more pizza.

User Info: Sailor_Razor

Sailor_Razor
2 days ago#10
Ahh, people taking a children's video game series seriously as if it's made to be competitive.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Would Crown Tundra been better if it brought back Megas?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A