This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Pokémon knockoffs

User Info: zoedacat

zoedacat
2 weeks ago#1
Which of these is the best Pokémon knockoff/parody?

Explinations for the listed:
Digimon: It just seems pretty similar so idk. Perhaps not a knockoff but a coincidence
Neopets: Heard of this from a YouTuber and they indirectly say it’s similar, it seems completely different on the webgame but I think there’s a battle element to it
Pokémon Black and Blue and Pokémon against McDonalds: Both are free online PETA parodies pointing out how the Pokémon games promote animal cruelty and also promote boycotting McDonalds
TemTem: I heard about Platypet and figured that was enough XP
Fossil Fighters: I won’t explain it well, please watch JaidenAnimations The Forgotten Video Game Masterpiece to have it explained instead :)
(Let me know if I missed something obvious)
FC 1393 0730 3682 IGN Zoe
Member of Hoopa Guild|Gimmie shinies!
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: StewieGriffin23

StewieGriffin23
2 weeks ago#2
Neopets because the two don't have that much in common besides having cute creatures to take care of.

The PETA parodies are second PETA's sheer cluelessness regarding the franchise makes for unintentional comedy.

There's also Yo-Kai Watch. The games weren't good, but the anime had its moments (the episode where Nate and his friends watch the "after hours channel" was hilarious).
One would go mad if one took the Bible seriously; but to take it seriously one must be already mad.
Switch Friend Code: SW-6764-3759-9672
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Arethai

Arethai
2 weeks ago#3
The digimon wiki has 11k pages of information documenting its two decades of every media imaginable. It should not be on this list.
3DS FC: 1521-3102-6439

zoedacat
2 weeks ago#4
StewieGriffin23 posted...
There’s also Yo-Kai Watch. The games weren't good, but the anime had its moments (the episode where Nate and his friends watch the "after hours channel" was hilarious).
*Facepalms* How did I forget that?

User Info: Mareen

Mareen
2 weeks ago#5
Digimon is in no way a Pokemon knockoff.
https://youtu.be/63yn8aCxO84 https://youtu.be/aYHzV2Y9UgY

User Info: Dethuli

Dethuli
2 weeks ago#6
Cardcaptor Sakura
Don't ask questions. Consume product. Get excited for next product.

User Info: ai123

ai123
2 weeks ago#7
Arethai posted...
The digimon wiki has 11k pages of information documenting its two decades of every media imaginable. It should not be on this list.
I know Digimon isn't really a rip off of Pokemon.

But the way it came out in the West gave the impression that it was, ugly fakemon Charmander and all. It's hard to shake off that notion, even though I know it's unfair.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
2 weeks ago#8
Digimon isn't a Pokemon Knock Off, so Tem Tem I guess.
"It's always too soon until it's too late."
"When the disgusted depart, there remains only the disgusting ones"

zoedacat
2 weeks ago#9
Bump

User Info: WingedKuriboh

WingedKuriboh
2 weeks ago#10
When did Pokemon invent the monster raising rpg genre? SMT was already doing way back in 92
I got rich from selling Blue ribbons
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Pokémon knockoffs
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A