This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. PSA: Have a nickname ready when first claiming Zeraora.

User Info: Luigifan305

Luigifan305
2 weeks ago#1
If you decline the first opportunity they give you, you don't get another chance, so be prepared and make it count.
Chibi-Robo, Ice Climbers, and Bandana Dee for Smash 4 DLC!

User Info: InfiniSephiroth

InfiniSephiroth
2 weeks ago#2
You can't take it to the nickname rater?

Luigifan305
2 weeks ago#3
He won't let you change it, it's OT is "HOME" instead of yourself, and despite normally being able to give a nickname to anything that doesn't have one (even traded Pokemon), there's apparently something else interfering with that too.

User Info: Kaatisu

Kaatisu
2 weeks ago#4
Luigifan305 posted...
If you decline the first opportunity they give you, you don't get another chance, so be prepared and make it count.

Nickname rater says hi

Wait, what? They blocked nicknames on him??
Ba dum tsh!

User Info: MinatoNarukam

MinatoNarukam
2 weeks ago#5
Kaatisu posted...
Nickname rater says hi
You can’t change it with the Nickname rater
"You can't escape, Shining Binds!"

User Info: Kaatisu

Kaatisu
2 weeks ago#6
MinatoNarukam posted...
You can’t change it with the Nickname rater

Yeah, read that after posting, hence the edit
Ba dum tsh!

Luigifan305
2 weeks ago#7
Looking around for other examples, it's possible that it might be considered as coming from a foreign region, so maybe players in another country like Japan might be able to nickname it, but definitely not America it seems.

User Info: InfiniSephiroth

InfiniSephiroth
2 weeks ago#8
Luigifan305 posted...
He won't let you change it, it's OT is "HOME" instead of yourself, and despite normally being able to give a nickname to anything that doesn't have one (even traded Pokemon), there's apparently something else interfering with that too.

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I never give them nicknames but I'm sure that's valuable for others.

User Info: VALI1991

VALI1991
2 weeks ago#9
Noooo I wish I new this, just claimed it a moment ago and declined nickname as I didn't have one ready at the time 😑 ....gamefreak ffs
Pokemon sword IGN Matt
SW-4302-8832-3425

User Info: frominnerspace

frominnerspace
2 weeks ago#10
It's because of the fateful encounter flag. You still can't nickname event Pokémon even just once unless you have their exact trainer name and ID number.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. PSA: Have a nickname ready when first claiming Zeraora.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A