This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why is the Wailord in IoA so important to people?

User Info: Zyguardian

Zyguardian
1 week ago#21
I like it because the size just makes it seem so real and makes the whole world feel more alive.
it all comes together

User Info: TheGolux

TheGolux
1 week ago#22
Because of its majestic volume.

Also there were non-correctly-scaled wailords on the mainland so it's an improvement.
Switch FC: SW-2225-6886-9204

User Info: Lm03

Lm03
1 week ago#23
Lance_McLeod posted...
The information on this whale is all over the place apparently. Lol.
Yea, for me, i still havent seen it respawn after accidentally KO'd it :c

I wanna have it back, its a good big boi :(
GamerTag: HackerHaunter.

User Info: Lance_McLeod

Lance_McLeod
1 week ago#24
TheGolux posted...
Because of its majestic volume.

Also there were non-correctly-scaled wailords on the mainland so it's an improvement.
Was there? I know I saw lots of Wailmer on route 9, but I didn't know there were any Wailords in the wild. I assumed that they were all properly scaled in the overworld.

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
1 week ago#25
Lance_McLeod posted...
All the Pokemon in the overworld are already scaled properly, even in the base game. It's the in-battle model that looks ridiculous. Which this Wailord still does.

Uh, no they aren't. Very large Pokémon that are normal spawns (not fixed encounters) and following Pokémon tend to be not scaled properly. Have a Wailord follow you and it's the same size as it's battle sprite, as are all that are normal random spawns. The Wailord in the bay is the only one sized properly.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: CardTamer

CardTamer
1 week ago#26
Lance_McLeod posted...
Was there? I know I saw lots of Wailmer on route 9, but I didn't know there were any Wailords in the wild. I assumed that they were all properly scaled in the overworld.

Route 9, the Circhester Bay section. They're rare spawn, the second rarest in that area.
"Sometimes crazy works." -Optimus Primal

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#27
CardTamer posted...
Have a Wailord follow you and it's the same size as it's battle sprite, as are all that are normal random spawns.
Technically, no: Wailord and I take some of the other battle models for the biggest Pokémon are scaled down in-battle but aren't so scaled down, when following you. In fact, Wailord has pretty much 3 sizes, in-game: the in-battle one, the following you one and the Special Encounter one.

Still, yes, a lot of Pokémon aren't scaled properly (and a lot of them should be a different size, imo, but that's a whole other matter).
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: ironbru

ironbru
1 week ago#28
CardTamer posted...
Route 9, the Circhester Bay section. They're rare spawn, the second rarest in that area.
Not according to Serebii and Bulbapedia there isn't. It can however be got by fishing in that area with a 5% encounter rate, that is how I got mine.
3DSXL Friend Code: 2294 4747 7323
Friend Safari: Normal type with Dunsparce, Kecleon and Smeargle.

User Info: Lance_McLeod

Lance_McLeod
1 week ago#29
CardTamer posted...
Uh, no they aren't. Very large Pokémon that are normal spawns (not fixed encounters) and following Pokémon tend to be not scaled properly. Have a Wailord follow you and it's the same size as it's battle sprite, as are all that are normal random spawns. The Wailord in the bay is the only one sized properly.
Sorry, I should have specified. I know they aren't scaled properly when they follow you (which they couldn't do in the base game anyway) but, I didn't know Wailord could spawn and wasn't scaled. I was mostly thinking of the pokemon in the wild area, where Steelix, for example, looks pretty up to scale.

User Info: KingAshnard

KingAshnard
1 week ago#30
I hadn't seen anyone claim it can respawn until this topic. Interesting.

Would be nice to get some actual clarification on this.
All hail the king of Daein!
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why is the Wailord in IoA so important to people?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A