This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. What are you currently shiny hunting?

User Info: megasean3000

megasean3000
2 weeks ago#11
Just finished hunting Sobble. Currently on egg 240 for Cyndaquil back in Ultra Moon.
3DS FC: 3797 - 7060 - 2020
IGN: Sean

User Info: Hazai

Hazai
2 weeks ago#12
Ganonruss posted...
Hunting 4 things Ö sooner or later, one of em will shine!
1) Feebas in route 2: I have almost 200 of these lil suckers battled. If I can get a non-shiny female one with a Rare Mark or a Mark that matches well then i might consider taking a break from this hunt. If you want to hunt them yourself, have a pokemon with the ability Storm Drain as your lead pokemon!
2) Cherubi: I think 300 hunted. Have a Harvest ability pokemon in lead, save before shaking tree. If it's the squirrel, reset game and try again.
3) Venipede: almost 100 hunted, I just want a shiny Whirlipede so i can have a shiny wheel of epicness. Have y'all took Whirlipede to camp? IT ROLLS
4) Johto Corsola: About 50 hatched, maybe someday it'll hatch shiny, i just do 5-10 of these every once in a while.
Bonus) As soon as I hatch shiny corsola, I'm gonna switch the corsola parent out with a Unovan Stunfisk.
I usually just hatch my shinies but this time I wanted to try the chaining experience and I hate it so much. I already have 999 slowpoke in the pokedex and I can't even keep track now of how much I slain / captured. I know for a fact I would of had one by hatching already but Im in so deep I cant stop myself.

User Info: SuperPocketMan

SuperPocketMan
2 weeks ago#13
Honestly, currently nothing ATM, But I'm thinking about Shiny Hunting Gengar. While its regular colors are disappointing, I'm glad that its Gigantamax Form kept the same shiny colors as its Mega did, and it looks amazing. Definitely gonna Masuda Method this one.
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/1/9/6/AAckqKAAAm3c.jpg
Switch FC: 1161-9206-0151 | IGN: Mr. Pockets | A Cultist of the Hoopa Guild
What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... have at you!
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Adumigan

Adumigan
2 weeks ago#14
Going back to eiscue after getting poliwag cause eventually she’ll be mine
Thanks for teaching me man math, you all deserve a kiss

User Info: Ganonruss

Ganonruss
2 weeks ago#15
Hazai posted...
I usually just hatch my shinies but this time I wanted to try the chaining experience and I hate it so much. I already have 999 slowpoke in the pokedex and I can't even keep track now of how much I slain / captured. I know for a fact I would of had one by hatching already but Im in so deep I cant stop myself.
I hate that so much too, I guess rotom pokedex can't count above 999 or it'll break? So dumb...
But ya if i do not get a shiny by 999 I usually just give up or randomly encounter one every once in a while. Happened to me with galar yamask and basculin, both are at 999 encounters but I just don't have a drive to hunt anymore of em
SW-8540-7144-9523
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Boombam99

Boombam99
2 weeks ago#16
Ganonruss posted...
I hate that so much too, I guess rotom pokedex can't count above 999 or it'll break? So dumb...
But ya if i do not get a shiny by 999 I usually just give up or randomly encounter one every once in a while. Happened to me with galar yamask and basculin, both are at 999 encounters but I just don't have a drive to hunt anymore of em

I encounter-hunted for a shiny Wooloo. I was up over an estimated 3,000 encounters before I learned of the coding error that only gives you the best odds 3% of the time. I then hatched for the shiny and got it in 152 eggs. I immediately vowed never to do encounter method again.

User Info: Hazai

Hazai
2 weeks ago#17
Boombam99 posted...
I encounter-hunted for a shiny Wooloo. I was up over an estimated 3,000 encounters before I learned of the coding error that only gives you the best odds 3% of the time. I then hatched for the shiny and got it in 152 eggs. I immediately vowed never to do encounter method again.

Is that bug still here with the isle of armor dlc? Because that explains so much because chaining pass 500 is suppose to gives a better chance then eggs with masuda
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Boombam99

Boombam99
2 weeks ago#18
I’m guessing it’s still like that, yes. It does indeed explain a lot

User Info: Cupcakes_A

Cupcakes_A
2 weeks ago#19
I have multiple hunts going on :L

RE w/o charm Sentret in X
SOS Chain w/ charm Oricorio in Moon
Masuda w/ charm Rockruff in Sword.
SR w/o charm Giratina in Omega Sapphire - I realize I could just Den hunt once Crown Tundra drops but I already started this a while back. Plus I don't like den hunting.

I switch around a lot so I don't get bored. Oricorio not showing up in the dlc is a travesty T-T

User Info: Lopez_824

Lopez_824
2 weeks ago#20
I'm hunting for a shiny Eevee. I'm like 400 eggs in...halp. I plan to hunt for a Charmander with the Red Gyarados in Pokemon Crystal VC afterwards.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. What are you currently shiny hunting?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A