This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. SwSh EV Training Guide

User Info: IraValentine

IraValentine
3 weeks ago#31
timmyy posted...
@IraValentine tried what? Stickying?
I'm sorry, the Watt farming exploit.

User Info: timmyy

timmyy
3 weeks ago#32
IraValentine posted...
I'm sorry, the Watt farming exploit.
@IraValentine Ah ok. Can you explain to me how you’re trying to do it? Perhaps I can help.
IGN: Timmy LC: 2687
Proud member of OSG and HH, Co-Leader of C.S.A. and Hoops Guild :D
(edited 3 weeks ago)

IraValentine
3 weeks ago#33
timmyy posted...
@IraValentine tried what? Stickying?

e: ah

it hasnt been patched, you must be doing something wrong then
Okay, just making sure. I requested a sticky.

timmyy
3 weeks ago#34
IraValentine posted...
Okay, just making sure. I requested a sticky.
Ty ^^

IraValentine
3 weeks ago#35
timmyy posted...
@IraValentine Ah ok. Can you explain to me how you’re trying to do it? Perhaps I can help.
@timmyy The first thing I do is make sure I'm offline and that my Switch's clock is not synced to the Internet.

I start up the game, and I go to any den that has a Pokémon and is still glowing so I can collect the Watts.

I interact with it and then I select "Invite Others". When it's searching, I press HOME and change the date to the next day and return to the game, and then I stop exit the den's menu. The result is that I can collect 200 Watts, but the Pokémon is no longer there.

timmyy
3 weeks ago#36
IraValentine posted...
@timmyy The first thing I do is make sure I'm offline and that my Switch's clock is not synced to the Internet.

I start up the game, and I go to any den that has a Pokémon and is still glowing so I can collect the Watts.

I interact with it and then I select "Invite Others". When it's searching, I press HOME and change the date to the next day and return to the game, and then I stop exit the den's menu. The result is that I can collect 200 Watts, but the Pokémon is no longer there.
@IraValentine Ah, I see the problem. In order to farm watts, you need a rare beam, aka a purple den. In order to obtain one you need to save in front of an empty den, throw a wishing piece in, and click the home button right before the game saves. You should be able to see if the game spawned a red or purple beam. If the beam is purple, go back into the game. If it is red, close the game and repeat until you get a purple beam. Sometimes it helps if your text speed is set to medium.

after you have your purple beam, you have to activate the date skip glitch. There’s actually a faster way to do this, and this one can be done from anywhere. First, connect to interenet. Next, search for a link battle. Next hold down the home button so the switch quick menu pops up and scroll down to the airplane mode option. Wait until a black textbox appears in game saying ‘A trainer has been found’ and click airplane mode. You should disconnect from internet. If you’re playing docked, you wont be able to enter airplane mode so you should do this in handheld. After you disconnect airplane mode, go in front of a purple den, go to settings, skip ahead one day, and go back into the game. You dont actually have to invite others to do this or even enter the den. The game will skip a day and you can collect 2000 watts.

This works from anywhere, so you can use this to farm berry trees, roto loto, pokejobs, etc.

in order to reset the glitch you can simply just reconnect back to the internet and date skip will stop working until you activate the glitch again

hope this helps you ^^
(edited 3 weeks ago)

timmyy
3 weeks ago#37
@IraValentine has this worked for you?

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
3 weeks ago#38
IraValentine posted...
timmyy The first thing I do is make sure I'm offline and that my Switch's clock is not synced to the Internet.

timmy explained it already but this is a common misconception that throws people off (happened to me too at one point). If you do the glitch on a non-fixed beam it just cycles the batch as if it would for a new day (which is essential what happens after all). So, of course, the beams get redistributed randomly across the Wild Area, there is no guarantee the den you are in front off will get a new beam. This is why you need a fixed beam (doesn't even have to be purple if you are just there for the Watts) by throwing a Wishing Piece in, to make the process an actual fast one.
The official most complete FE3H Paralogue Reward and Timeframe List: http://bit.ly/FE3HPara
IGN: Phoebe, SW: 5072-2132-4646 (random reqs pls pm with reason)
(edited 3 weeks ago)

timmyy
3 weeks ago#39
bump ^^

IraValentine
3 weeks ago#40
timmyy posted...
@IraValentine has this worked for you?
@timmyy Yes it worked, thank you very much for the explanation. I'm sorry I couldn't confirm with you yesterday. It looks like the step I missed was using the Wishing Piece; I had not realized it is required to use (as Minaru44 also said).

I also tried both methods in searching for a Link Battle versus searching for players with the Den, and I found the latter to be faster because it would take a while for the game to find a Link Battle sometimes.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. SwSh EV Training Guide
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A