This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Nirvanas_Nox

Nirvanas_Nox
1 week ago#1
so i finally have saved up a bit of money to spend on a few games. in getting 1 each for ps4, switch, and xbone. im considering this but im wary. what are the pros and cons of sword and shield? i stopped playing pokemon games after heartgold.
Money, Success, Fame, Glamour. For we are living in the age of the thing

User Info: AssGender

AssGender
1 week ago#2
The game is pretty much the same since Heartgold. You will probably get burn out from playing this games because there's no postgame content beside shiny hunting and battle tower! Its pretty good game 10/10!
Ecce homo qui est faba.Ecce homo qui est faba.
Vale homo qui est faba, qui est faba, qui est faba

User Info: Severus_Sniper

Severus_Sniper
1 week ago#3
Pros:
  • Cute, feminine and childish gamelay and overall atmosphere (if you are into this)
  • Lots of furry (also if you are into this)
  • Short and very easy story mode that is like a walk in a park (if you like this kind of gameplay)
  • The whole aspect of collecting in this game is a RNG feast, you just are throwing dices for find pokemon, find shiny pokemon, catch pokemon etc so theres no need to use your brain (again if you are nto this)
  • A giant lack of social skills community that will keep you making you forgetting to regret of buying this game by their submissive behavior saying this game is great, that can be good for your ego
  • theres a gimmick were your pokemon becomes taller
Cons:
  • Everything in pros if you are not into that
  • Lack of real content that isnt RNG based
  • Pay for post game DLC, the built in post game is boring ( its just battle tower that is a lot of trash worse than any battle tower up to date )
  • Cutted content (many pokemon are cut, many good aspects in last games were cut, remeber in HGSS pokemon followed you? its gone. Remeber battle frontier? gone also, two big regions and rematching trainers? gone. Secret bases? Gone. Mega evolution a fair superior gimmick you mybe didnt know you needed its also gone )
  • Bad execution of Open world

I would buy breath of the wild, persona 5, or anything better in quality
(edited 1 week ago)

Nirvanas_Nox
1 week ago#4
Severus_Sniper posted...

I would buy breath of the wild, persona 5, or anything better in quality

already have those. thats why i was asking about this

Severus_Sniper
1 week ago#5
Nirvanas_Nox posted...
already have those. thats why i was asking about this

Digimon cyber sleuth complete edition, wait for smt V, dark souls, skyrim, mario odyssey, animal crossing...

Nirvanas_Nox
1 week ago#6
Severus_Sniper posted...
Digimon cyber sleuth complete edition, wait for smt V, dark souls, skyrim, mario odyssey, animal crossing...

i already have both cyber slueth games on ps4, already have dark souls, animal crossing doesnt interest me at all lol.

User Info: MrAero

MrAero
1 week ago#7
It's a pretty standard Pokemon game - gameplay hasn't changed much since HG, but Fairy type was introduced in XY and some type matchups have changed (Steel no longer resists ghost and dark for example). There's also a new gimmick this gen called Dynamax where your Pokemon becomes giant for 3 turns and gets access to powerful moves.

My biggest issue pre-purchase was the amount of cut Pokemon, but I've still got 500+ hours out of it even with Dexit
Pokemon Sword/ACNH IGN: Hamzah | Formerly aeroblaster7 |
My collection: https://tinyurl.com/y8pjyceh LF for Galar Shiny Dex: https://tinyurl.com/ydexysx8

User Info: Byakuren

Byakuren
1 week ago#8
I wouldn't recommend modern Pokemon to even my worst enemies
I love my wife - https://i.imgur.com/hZ1boYV.png
Official Take Rater

Severus_Sniper
1 week ago#9
Nirvanas_Nox posted...
i already have both cyber slueth games on ps4, already have dark souls, animal crossing doesnt interest me at all lol.

animal crossing and modern pokemon has very similar target audience so probably you'll dont like it

Nirvanas_Nox
1 week ago#10
Byakuren posted...
I wouldn't recommend modern Pokemon to even my worst enemies

i got a good laugh from this but honestly this is probably whats gonna help me decide.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A