This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. new promos? Gmax charizard, duraludon and garbador

User Info: nicklawrence2k

nicklawrence2k
1 week ago#1
Spotting loads of them in red 5 star raids
IGN: Nick, looking for masterballs

User Info: AegisUrien

AegisUrien
1 week ago#2
Ype, it is a new Raid event.

https://www.serebii.net/news/2020/26-March-2020.shtml
PSN: AegisAvenger
Switch FC: SW-2041-4996-2128

User Info: K3fk4

K3fk4
1 week ago#3
And the Charizard can't be shiny, I hear? Glad I got my shiny Jolly Gmax already. >.<

Edit: It seems this only applies to promoted 5 Star Charizard raids, at the time of writing.
"HEY EVERYBODY, WE'RE ALL GONNA GET LAID!!"

User Info: TwilightsHand

TwilightsHand
1 week ago#4
@Min-J Excited for you to release that event topic that’s probably getting dropped on our head tops any minute now 🙌🙌🙌

AegisUrien
1 week ago#5
K3fk4 posted...
And the Charizard can't be shiny, I hear? Glad I got my shiny Jolly Gmax already. >.<
In the site, it says ''Shiny Rate: Standard''. I think this is the first time they mention that and I am not sure what they mean by ''Standard''?

K3fk4
1 week ago#6
AegisUrien posted...
In the site, it says ''Shiny Rate: Standard''. I think this is the first time they mention and I am not sure what they mean by ''Standard''?
I just saw the site too, it's saying only the 5 Stars Charizard raids are Shiny Locked. Damn you Gamefreak, what are you planning??

AegisUrien
1 week ago#7
I just saw that, WTF?

User Info: ThanatoZ85

ThanatoZ85
1 week ago#8
Are they testing methods to restrict shiny hunting on events due to the higher catch rates? By locking 5* so people can only get the "lesser" versions?
"I found a liquor store. And I drank it."

K3fk4
1 week ago#9
ThanatoZ85 posted...
Are they testing methods to restrict shiny hunting on events due to the higher catch rates? By locking 5* so people can only get the "lesser" versions?
I'm guessin' they're going to do something like this with Melmetal, and yeah, they may be testing it.

For example, they'll do a Promotional Raid line where only Melmetal will be be 5 Star Dens—like Mewtwo was, but he'll be catchable. However, like 5 Star Charizards now, the Melmetal will NEVER be a shiny.

Just a theory, of course, and I really hope I'm wrong. I want my shiny Melmetal without having to fly to Japan..

User Info: Gameender1014

Gameender1014
1 week ago#10
They probably will lock melmetal when it comes out
FC: SW-2275-4955-9204. Ign: Game. Love FOB. Leader of Helping Hands!!
https://pokedextracker.com/u/gameender1014/shiny-dex
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. new promos? Gmax charizard, duraludon and garbador
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A