This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How good would some Pokemon be if their worst stat was equal to their best stat?

User Info: ArizonaPasha

ArizonaPasha
3 weeks ago#1
80/80

Imagine a Pokemon, now imagine it's lowest Base Stat bumped up to being equal to its current highest. (If it's a tie, you pick which one). This doesn't apply for every Pokémon in the game, just imagine one single Pokémon getting this treatment, with everyone else staying the same. How does it perform?

Note, when I say some, I mean bad Pokemon. Pokemon that are competitively unviable. Having Ho-oh boost its Defense or Speed from 90 to 154 would obviously make it more broken than ever, but that's not as interesting as looking down the ladder.

A lot of strong or sturdy Pokemon have slow Speed to balance them out. If Kecleon had a Speed stat of 120 instead of 40, would that help it climb the ladder? Or Ursaring with a Speed of 130 instead of 55? Or if Bastiodon went from 30 to a massive 168 Speed?

For some Pokemon, it wouldn't help as much. Hitmonchan's Special Attack going from 35 to 110 (5 higher than his physical Attack) would be hampered by his shallow Special movepool. You have Vacuum Wave, Focus Blast, and maybe Hidden Power. Not much else there.

Others get no help. Glalie, Phione, and Arceus, for example, have perfectly even Base Stats, giving them nothing (except for Mega Glalie). This is a thought experiment that definitely favors the more unbalanced stat spreads.

And, of course, some would be busted or just plain annoying to deal with. 230 Speed Shuckle. 250 Attack or Defense (the latter with Eviolite) Chansey is just disgusting to think about.

Discuss.

User Info: elconoM

elconoM
3 weeks ago#2
Happiny’s new attack, Shuckle’s new speed’ Dugtrio’s new hit points
FC- 0404.7525.1925... New Leaf & Pokemon
Switch: 4445.4056.8806

User Info: inTaCtfuL

inTaCtfuL
3 weeks ago#3
There's probably alot better than this suggestion but f***ing Melmetal omg

Outspeeding Dragapult by one point is scary to think about, especially with how trolly double iron bash would be lol
i7-3970X Extreme ~ Asus Rampage IV Extreme ~ 32 GB DDR3-2133 ~ 10 TB 7200RPM ~ 500 GB SSD ~ 690 x2 ~ 1200 W PSU Gold ~

User Info: x-aCe-x

x-aCe-x
3 weeks ago#4
Anything currently with dogs*** speed would immediately become top-tier. If we're excluding speed, since that'd be the easy go-to for making anything viable, maybe Wailord with a +125 increase to either Def or SpDef.

I think Goodra would end up with the highest base stats in this scenario (again, excluding speed) besides Eternatus. A +80 increase to its current 70 Def would give it 680 total points, even beating out the Legendary Doggo's at 670 each.
Poke Paradise: https://discord.gg/7dHQpn5 - Giveaways / Battling / Buying
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: DarkEspeon996

DarkEspeon996
3 weeks ago#5
Hello Blissey
3DS FC: 2466-2656-7801
http://i.imgur.com/XKy3e.png

User Info: Sopheroo

Sopheroo
3 weeks ago#6
90 base HP Shedinja is gonna be more of a problem

User Info: FuzzyKiwi02

FuzzyKiwi02
3 weeks ago#7
Shedinja. It's base HP goes from 1 to 90.
Not sure how much of a difference that'd make, but it wouldn't be completely useless in the face of hazards, weather and status anymore at least.

Edit: Ninja'd lol.
The people that really lack skill are the ones that are too afraid or can't deal with the unknown.
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: cadcrafter

cadcrafter
3 weeks ago#8
FuzzyKiwi02 posted...
Shedinja. It's base HP goes from 1 to 90.
Not sure how much of a difference that'd make, but it wouldn't be completely useless in the face of hazards, weather and status anymore at least.

Edit: Ninja'd lol.
I'm pretty sure even with that shedinja's hp wouldn't increase because he's hardcoded to have 1 hp at all times by the game (if it wasn't his hp would actually increase beyond 1 even if that's what the base stat is)
"think before you press enter. all of you." - SmashFaqs Discord
i want lemm to eat ten egg

User Info: innercredible

innercredible
3 weeks ago#9
Ledian's base Attack going from 35 to 110 would make it actually usable. It still wouldn't be very good, but it would finally be able to do stuff other than set up screens and die.
Mario Maker 2 ID: TKC-1PM-94G

User Info: Colossus-X

Colossus-X
3 weeks ago#10
DarkEspeon996 posted...
Hello Blissey

I hope she replies.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How good would some Pokemon be if their worst stat was equal to their best stat?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A