This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How to host your own shiny raid den, a guide.

User Info: jranselmo884

jranselmo884
4 months ago#21
Srheeropercent posted...
@the_NGW

All I can do is [hide], [Report] and [Quote] that first post.

Am I being blind, or do I need certain karma or some such rubbish?
Yea you need 100 karma
IGN: Chemito
FC: 1693-7164-7707

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
4 months ago#22
jranselmo884 posted...
Yea you need 100 karma

Makes sense, did not realize it though.

Philip027 posted...
I tried to read through this and my eyes glazed over halfway through.

This makes me glad I don't particularly care about shinies, because if I did, I'd be tempted to try to power through the headache.

Haha, I feel ya.

Ultimately it's not actually that hard in theory, but it takes patience and can be tedious when time comes to start skipping. I was also stressed out the whole time that I would screw up the den at some point.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416 Official R.O.B. of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

the_NGW
4 months ago#23
Bump
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416 Official R.O.B. of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Minaru44

Minaru44
3 months ago#24
Not that I'm complaining but I'm kind of surprised that a guide basically built on an exploit is getting a sticky.
Again, not complaining but... I would have expected Gamefaqs policy to be a bit stricter on this.
The official most complete FE3H Paralogue Reward and Timeframe List: http://bit.ly/FE3HPara
IGN: Phoebe, SW: 5072-2132-4646 (random reqs pls pm with reason)

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 months ago#25
Questions on hosting for others:

When the host goes into airplane mode to rehost the raid, what do the other 3 players see? I don't recall seeing the hosts always take 45 seconds to auto-pick their first move, so how does that work?

What is the last chance the host has to go into airplane mode and still have the same den? Right before the explosion at 0 hp? Is the Catch/Don't Catch selection too late to go into airplane mode?

also: You have to be in handheld mode to go into airplane mode, but can you just close the game and reopen instead if you're in docked mode?
No nothing no creole.
(edited 3 months ago)

the_NGW
3 months ago#26
If the host does it right ut should be pretty seamless, with the AI taking over the host. If it is done too late it can potentially freeze or disconnect the raid for the others.

Best timing for it is between your knees appearing and before the sparkle from the shiny, I usually aimee for as your character stands up.

You can close out the game, but if you're hosting a specific Pokemon in that den (unless you have hard locked on your shiny frame) doing so will put you back at your save so you need to skip frames back to the shiny frame and likely need to reroll for that Pokemon again, whereas airplane mode just puts you back at your den.

User Info: Kromlech06

Kromlech06
3 months ago#27
Thanks for the answers.

If it's not a shiny mon, and the shiny frame doesn't matter, then closing and reopening the game is fine?
No nothing no creole.

User Info: WolfishOne

WolfishOne
3 months ago#28
So i do i need to re-open the game every time i skip a day?
Most wanteds that got in:Byleth, Ridley
Current MWs: Sora, Spyro

User Info: dj4242

dj4242
3 months ago#29
Can I also skip days forward by doing the invite players, skip a day, then exit the raid glitch? Or did they fix that @the_NGW
"I almost had to think of Luke as another character. Maybe he's Jake Skywalker, he's not my Luke Skywalker." - Mark Hamill
Trump 2020

User Info: gwwak

gwwak
3 months ago#30
Tag
Hardcore - We'll probably be modded for this...
Come visit The Range http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/1003-
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How to host your own shiny raid den, a guide.
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A