• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Best ability and Nature for Lucario
Erst09 1 year ago#1
I plan on getting one but idk which ability should I get him with.

also how strong is Lucario compared to Gallade?
Hejiru 1 year ago#2
Lucario is pretty versatile, you can do either physical or special, or even mixed.

I think people use physical on him more, so you'd want Adamant/Jolly in that case to use with Close Combat and Bullet Punch. (Or Meteor Mash and Mach Punch)

If you want to go special for Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, and Vacuum Wave, then you want Modest/Timid.

Mixed is an option, but I think you're better off choosing physical or special and sticking with it. But if you do go mixed, you probably want Hasty or Naive.

As for ability, it's really up to you. For his default abilities, Inner Focus is better than Steadfast. A speed boost is nice but avoiding being flinched in the first place is better. His hidden ability, Defiant, is good if you do physical and you're confident in your ability to predict Dark-type attacks.

If I had to make a decision, I'd say Adamant with Defiant. But like I said, Lucario is flexible.

Erst09 posted...
also how strong is Lucario compared to Gallade?

Gallade is sightly faster than Lucario. He's somewhat stronger in Atk and much stronger in SpDef. But he can't really be used as a special attacker like Lucario can. Lucario has a better movepool, and a better typing IMO.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction has to make sense.
shinryu_omega 1 year ago#3
Lucario's HA is justified, and what I use on mine. It's best paired with a Pokemon like Whimsicott that knows Beat Up to give Lucario +4 Atk. Dynamx and sweep. I use a physical set, jolly nature. Lucario is faster, but has worse defenses than Gallade. Lucario does have the better typing, and I personally prefer it to Gallade.
IGN: Coma
Erst09 1 year ago#4
shinryu_omega posted...
Lucario's HA is justified, and what I use on mine. It's best paired with a Pokemon like Whimsicott that knows Beat Up to give Lucario +4 Atk. Dynamx and sweep. I use a physical set, jolly nature. Lucario is faster, but has worse defenses than Gallade. Lucario does have the better typing, and I personally prefer it to Gallade.
Do you have a spare ha Lucario for trade? I have been searching all day I haven’t found one with ha.
shinryu_omega 1 year ago#5
@Erst09 posted...
Do you have a spare ha Lucario for trade? I have been searching all day I haven’t found one with ha.
Sorry, I just saw this. Give me about 15 minutes and I can breed you a HA Riolu. It could take much longer if you want perfect IVs, but I can do that.
Erst09 1 year ago#6
shinryu_omega posted...
@
Sorry, I just saw this. Give me about 15 minutes and I can breed you a HA Riolu. It could take much longer if you want perfect IVs, but I can do that.
Thanks! Reply when you are ready I will be checking the thread.
I don’t really care about IVs because I plan on using him for breeding but if it has good IVs that would be cool too.

My friend code is SW-7619-8408-7872
IGN: Zero
(message deleted)
shinryu_omega 1 year ago#8
Ok, ready to trade when you are. Link code 7821.
Erst09 1 year ago#9
shinryu_omega posted...
Ok, ready to trade when you are. Link code 7821.
Ready
Erst09 1 year ago#10
@shinryu_omega

thanks! You even send it with the Nature I was planning on getting.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Best ability and Nature for Lucario
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A