This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Gamefreak turning into EA?

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
6 days ago#31
If no one bought Ultra Moon, no one would have Stakataka. If no one buys the DLC, no one will have Galarian Slowbro. I'm not seeing the difference.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

User Info: X-blade14

X-blade14
6 days ago#32
jayman7 posted...
In the seventh gen, if you had Sun and wanted Stakataka, well, sucks to be you. The only option you had at all was to buy an entirely separate game. It didn't matter how many other people bought Ultra Moon; the fact that you only had Sun meant you could never trade for it.

In this gen, if you have DLC-free Sword and want Galarian Slowbro, you just need to find someone generous enough to give you one or a Pokémon holding the item that evolves Galarian Slowpoke (once the patch is out.) Done.
No but all you had to do was buy the game for your version exclusive and trade. Here if everyone is dlc free then where are you supposed to get the item to evolve Slowbro, answer is you don't or hack for one.
"A jump to the sky turns to a rider kick"

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
6 days ago#33
X-blade14 posted...
No they didn't, you could just trade in past Pokemon
You can still trade in past Pokemon without anyone buying the expansion
I thought you were talking about new Pokemon
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.

jayman7
6 days ago#34
X-blade14 posted...
all you had to do was buy the game
Exactly. Thanks for explaining why your argument does not work.

In fact, in Sun, you can't get Stakataka no matter how many people have Ultra Moon, period. You want it? You need to buy the game. Even if it's Ultra Sun you buy, so you can trade for Stakataka, you still have to buy the game.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!

X-blade14
6 days ago#35
jayman7 posted...
If no one bought Ultra Moon, no one would have Stakataka. If no one buys the DLC, no one will have Galarian Slowbro. I'm not seeing the difference.
It's the difference of asking someone to buy a game or buy an expansion pass. Ultra moon is its own game by itself. SwSh are getting an update that allows people to trade with those who don't have dlc, but if no one buys the dlc how are you supposed to trade for these mons in the first place.
don't insult EA like that. they at least make games that look current gen.

X-blade14
6 days ago#37
SmokyProgg posted...
You can still trade in past Pokemon without anyone buying the expansion
I thought you were talking about new Pokemon
I'm talking about the new ones being added from the dlc not the old ones

jayman7
6 days ago#38
X-blade14 posted...
Ultra moon is its own game by itself.
But it's also very similar to Sun and comes at a full game's price.

X-blade14 posted...
SwSh are getting an update that allows people to trade with those who don't have dlc, but if no one buys the dlc how are you supposed to trade for these mons in the first place.
If no one buys Ultra Moon, how are you supposed to get Stakataka? In fact, in Sun, it doesn't matter if anyone buys it or not; you're not getting it!

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
6 days ago#39
X-blade14 posted...
I'm talking about the new ones being added from the dlc not the old ones
Okay then
To get new ones you've always had to buy the new games
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.

X-blade14
6 days ago#40
jayman7 posted...
Exactly. Thanks for explaining why your argument does not work.

In fact, in Sun, you can't get Stakataka no matter how many people have Ultra Moon, period. You want it? You need to buy the game. Even if it's Ultra Sun you buy, so you can trade for Stakataka, you still have to buy the game.
I feel like you misunderstanding, if anyone wants the dlc mons you have to buy the dlc or you can't trade them. Ultra sun and moon were full games that had base Pokemon plus the new ones. If you wanted them you bought the game or traded, by the nature of being dlc if no one buys no one gets it
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Gamefreak turning into EA?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A