This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Gamefreak turning into EA?

User Info: WingedKuriboh

WingedKuriboh
2 days ago#21
X-blade14 posted...
Time to play devil's advocate, that means at the very least one person has to buy the DLC for these new Pokemon in order for them to be in the wonder trade circulation.

What’s your point exactly? Every single Pokemon is paywalled in that case cause one guy has to buy SwSh first. DLC is not cut content, its content planned to expand the game in place of a third version. It has a different director, a different team entirely.
I got rich from selling Blue ribbons

User Info: Ropalme1914

Ropalme1914
2 days ago#22
If you think they weren't before, there's no reason to think now. Before, they were actually behind a paywall: if you wanted Giratina-Origin or the Rotom formes, you needed Platinum, if you bought Diamond or Pearl, you couldn't do anything. Now, you actually don't need to buy anything except the games, just trade them.

User Info: X-blade14

X-blade14
2 days ago#23
WingedKuriboh posted...
What’s your point exactly? Every single Pokemon is paywalled in that case cause one guy has to buy SwSh first. DLC is not cut content, its content planned to expand the game in place of a third version. It has a different director, a different team entirely.
This expansion had galar exclusive forms, in the past as long as you had the base game you could get other Pokemon, here if no one buys the dlc. Theres no way to access the new legendaries and Pokemon. And saying this not content is misleading considering they are adding back missing mons. The only way to access the new ones are to buy SwSh then buy the dlc on top of that, vs just buying the new game
"A jump to the sky turns to a rider kick"

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
2 days ago#24
In other news flying birds can fly.
"Mickey is a relic of another era. He didn't have staying power. Elsa is Disney's mascot now."-Endgame, 1/24/2020

User Info: The_Sage

The_Sage
2 days ago#25
I hate the direction they're going. Which is ultimately why I'm not buying either game. I'll stick to Ultra Sun and Moon.
Sage of FAQs.

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
2 days ago#26
X-blade14 posted...
This expansion had galar exclusive forms, in the past as long as you had the base game you could get other Pokemon, here if no one buys the dlc. Theres no way to access the new legendaries and Pokemon. And saying this not content is misleading considering they are adding back missing mons. The only way to access the new ones are to buy SwSh then buy the dlc on top of that, vs just buying the new game
You can also trade for them
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.

X-blade14
2 days ago#27
SmokyProgg posted...
You can also trade for them
Again like I said that means at least "one" person has to buy it, in order for there to be something to trade.

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
2 days ago#28
X-blade14 posted...
Again like I said that means at least "one" person has to buy it, in order for there to be something to trade.
Someone has always had to buy the new game to have something to trade
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.

User Info: jayman7

jayman7
2 days ago#29
X-blade14 posted...
In the seventh gen, if you had Sun and wanted Stakataka, well, sucks to be you. The only option you had at all was to buy an entirely separate game. It didn't matter how many other people bought Ultra Moon; the fact that you only had Sun meant you could never trade for it.

In this gen, if you have DLC-free Sword and want Galarian Slowbro, you just need to find someone generous enough to give you one or a Pokémon holding the item that evolves Galarian Slowpoke (once the patch is out.) Done.
Creator of Jay's Journey, including Jay's Journey Reimagined/Jay's Journey 2: Worlds Apart!
https://jaysjourney2016.wordpress.com/

X-blade14
2 days ago#30
SmokyProgg posted...
Someone has always had to buy the new game to have something to trade
No they didn't, you could just trade in past Pokemon. Even more so if they bought the orginal base game or third version. Here if no one buys the dlc there is no way to get it
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Gamefreak turning into EA?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A