This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Gamefreak turning into EA?

User Info: Apocalypso

Apocalypso
6 days ago#11
Darklit_Minuet posted...
No Pokemon are behind a paywall

If you wondertrade enough, you'll get multiples of every new legendary. Just like you did every past gen.

I have a lot of issues with these awful games, but pokemon availability through DLC is not one of them
Who are you and what have you done with the real @Darklit_Minuet ?? lol
Kiss me once. Kiss me twice. Kiss me three times. Cross the line.

User Info: GodOfDerp

GodOfDerp
6 days ago#12
Clearly you never played any EA games.

If EA made pokemon:
-You'd only have access up to the 3rd gym. The rest of the game is locked behind dlc.
-Online features require a special EA only subscription ontop of nintendo online
-Every catchable pokemon is locked inside lootboxes that take 10 hours to grind, or cost 4$ a piece
-Wild area locked behind paywall
-Zacian / Zamazenta / Eternatus can only be caught in the 100$ deluxe edition
Anyone who defends microctransactions in a 60$, game needs a hard punch to the face. Keep that stuff to free to play games.
Signed: An activision and EA hater.
(edited 6 days ago)

User Info: aluminafalcon

aluminafalcon
6 days ago#13
I got lured into madden ultimate team for the first time this year. If EA ran pokemon

1.)New game each year
2.)would not be able to use Pokémon from previous years
3.) Pokémon would be slowly released throughout year encouraging micotransaction on regular basis
4.) most popular one would be Limited time releases and ridiculously hard to draw

Hanlon's razor " Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity."

User Info: ai123

ai123
6 days ago#14
Isn't all game content behind a paywall of some kind?
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'

User Info: Gameender1014

Gameender1014
6 days ago#15
Not really...I would rather pay for a dlc with a bunch of new features than buy a “new game” for twice the money and not have everything be new
FC: SW-2275-4955-9204. Trying to complete the shiny pokedex. Ign: Game. "Fell in love with your face and not your soul"
Sora4ssbu

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
6 days ago#16
They haven’t implement gambling mechanics into a mainline game yet, so no. They also haven’t been voted the worst business for several years in a row.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596

User Info: Super_Broly93

Super_Broly93
6 days ago#17
ScottThang posted...
Nobody tell him about the the third generation, guys!
Or 4th gen
https://tenor.com/view/dbs-broly-dragon-ball-super-gif-13209626

User Info: X-blade14

X-blade14
6 days ago#18
Darklit_Minuet posted...
No Pokemon are behind a paywall

If you wondertrade enough, you'll get multiples of every new legendary. Just like you did every past gen.

I have a lot of issues with these awful games, but pokemon availability through DLC is not one of them
Time to play devil's advocate, that means at the very least one person has to buy the DLC for these new Pokemon in order for them to be in the wonder trade circulation.
"A jump to the sky turns to a rider kick"

User Info: SkyLey

SkyLey
6 days ago#19
Boobtubenoob posted...
Feels like bait
lol
I mean, pokemon has been this way fkr years. Only thing thats changed is now insted of a 3ed game were getting DLC. I dont really like it but pokemon was a thing that was too good to be true forever. Even then it's still not as bad as doomsday crises are making it out to be. I'll take this over them turning into a lootbox sh**show like EA woukd 100% do.
Psn ID XxdrakenguardxX. Fc is 1392-5980-9260.
Life's full of lemons, not all of them make lemonade.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Gamefreak turning into EA?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A