This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. TM/TR compatibility and base stats are found in Home's coding for all Pokemon

User Info: PokemonYoutube

PokemonYoutube
2 weeks ago#71
grrrrrrrrrrrrrr posted...
There are some strange incompatibilities, but that's OK. I mean, incompatibilities can be fixed very easily through patches. Overcompatibilities are much harder to correct.

EDIT: I checked the Johto legends, and they barely got anything (they got Weather Ball though). I'm missing:

Raikou: Nasty Plot, though that's somewhat OK...
Entei: Still miss Earthquake. Also miss Crunch
Suicune: Hurricane
Lugia: Focus Blast; not that he needs it but still
Ho-oh: Fire Spin. And Hurricane.
Raikou getting Scald is pretty big.

User Info: grrrrrrrrrrrrrr

grrrrrrrrrrrrrr
2 weeks ago#72
PokemonYoutube posted...
Raikou getting Scald is pretty big.

Have checked and it's Raikou indeed. My gosh Gamefreak is messing things up.

User Info: WingedKuriboh

WingedKuriboh
2 weeks ago#73
kingoffrost4 posted...
Not bad but why are they still trying to make physical sceptile work?

Leaf Blade was originally Sceptiles’ signature move right? It makes perfect sense that a Pokemon with a physical Signature move to be pushed in that direction.
I got rich from selling Blue ribbons

User Info: reaverz

reaverz
2 weeks ago#74
WingedKuriboh posted...
Leaf Blade was originally Sceptiles’ signature move right? It makes perfect sense that a Pokemon with a physical Signature move to be pushed in that direction.
Well, Leaf Blade was a special in Gen 3 since it was pre-split, which is honestly probably the only reason why Sceptile’s Sp.Atk is the higher offensive stat. Had it been created in Gen 4 and beyond, its offensive stats would have probably been the other way around given its movepool.
[Este mensaje fue borrado al deseo del dueno]

PokemonYoutube
2 weeks ago#75
reaverz posted...
Well, Leaf Blade was a special in Gen 3 since it was pre-split, which is honestly probably the only reason why Sceptile’s Sp.Atk is the higher offensive stat. Had it been created in Gen 4 and beyond, its offensive stats would have probably been the other way around given its movepool.
Not necessarily. All Water moves were special in Gen 2, and yet Feraligatr's stats are clearly oriented towards being a physical attacker.

User Info: bond007106

bond007106
2 weeks ago#76
Cedicus posted...
Chesnaught doesn't get Power Whip OR Close Combat....

I wouldn't have expected it to.
It has no vines, tentacles, etc. with which to use Power Whip, and Close Combat is for lighter attackers, generally speaking. The bulky, slow ones only get Superpower.
http://myanimelist.net/animelist/kunino-sagiri https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/MakutaTeridax.png
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/kunino-sagiri

PokemonYoutube
2 weeks ago#77
bond007106 posted...
Close Combat is for lighter attackers, generally speaking.
Like Hariyama? Machamp? Crabominable? Mudsdale?

User Info: kingoffrost4

kingoffrost4
2 weeks ago#78
WingedKuriboh posted...

Except that was before the phyiscal/special split so technically leaf blade was a special attack.
Emotions are for the weak they said........there goes my sense of fear and caution they said........i'm dead they said........

User Info: rocky505

rocky505
2 weeks ago#79
bond007106 posted...
I wouldn't have expected it to.
It has no vines, tentacles, etc. with which to use Power Whip, and Close Combat is for lighter attackers, generally speaking. The bulky, slow ones only get Superpower.
Chesnaught has vines. It can learn Vine Whip.

Close Combat is also not just for light attackers as Pokémon like Hairyama can learn it.
3DS FC: 3995-6518-0794
XBL Gamertag: Publickam

User Info: WingedKuriboh

WingedKuriboh
2 weeks ago#80
kingoffrost4 posted...
Except that was before the phyiscal/special split so technically leaf blade was a special attack.

which is basically my point? Sceptile was an SpA BECAUSE of how it used to be. The argument is giving Sceptile options as a phys attacker, if his signature move is a physical attack, what’s the problem with trying to give him a physical moveset.
I got rich from selling Blue ribbons
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. TM/TR compatibility and base stats are found in Home's coding for all Pokemon
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A