This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Pokemon Home is helping me connect more with my students

User Info: pwnsausage01

pwnsausage01
1 week ago#1
I've been teaching early primary (specifically first grade) for nearly 10 years now. Each year, I've been able to share my love of Pokemon with my students. It's something we've always been to relate to, but it's only ever been through dialogue. I meant to bring my old Pokemon cards from home to give as gifts to students (I live in Thailand and I have a few keepsakes in the US) but they were unfortunately stolen before I could bring them back.

As soon as Pokemon Home came out, I downloaded the app and uploaded all 688 pokemon that I've accumulated since the DS/3DS generations. When the kids came in today, I was excited to share with them the my collection on my phone. They went wild! All day during lunch and recess they've been asking me about specific types of Pokemon I have, which ones are their favorites, etc. Adding images to our conversation has allowed us to connect on a deeper level :) It's been great to be talking about Pokemon all day!

Anyway, I thought I'd share. Hooray Pokemon Home!
PSN: mrbojingles
FC: SW-4295-7702-7607

User Info: K3fk4

K3fk4
1 week ago#2
This made me smile. Pokémon extends generations, even for people.
"HEY EVERYBODY, WE'RE ALL GONNA GET LAID!!"

User Info: JonasABlood

JonasABlood
1 week ago#3
This is so cute! I love how Pokémon brings people together like that.
Pokemon Sword OT: John
Switch FC (Teodxro): SW-3753-1567-5793

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#4
Agreed with the others: this is quite endearing. If I were to become a teacher, I would love to use my love of Pokémon to further connect with my students.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: pwnsausage01

pwnsausage01
1 week ago#5
Thanks y'all. We had another special moment today.

I found some Pokémon Valentines day templates online. I made them into cards on canva and wrote messages on the back to each student. One particular kiddo in my class adores Zorua. Knowing this, I happened to have found a Zorua card just for him. As I was passing them out, he kept following me in class and asking me if he had the Zorua card. I gently asked him to be patient and that his card will come up soon. It was on the bottom of the pile; I wanted to save his for last to tell him that he was the only one who had Zorua. He was ecstatic!

This was huge for him. He had a rough start to the year with mental health issues, and we've been working through them together. He's come a long way, and I'm glad Pokémon has helped us form a positive relationship :)
PSN: mrbojingles
FC: SW-4295-7702-7607

User Info: ai123

ai123
1 week ago#6
Lovely stuff. Thanks for sharing.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'

User Info: boomstickbhg

boomstickbhg
1 week ago#7
Kids that age shouldn't be anywhere near mobile phones.
My pen is mightier.

User Info: freedumbdclxvi

freedumbdclxvi
1 week ago#8
Love this. :)
NS FC: SW-6739-0520-9699/PSN: freedumbdclxvi/Go:9267 2163 5632/IGN:Omega

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
1 week ago#9
pwnsausage01 posted...
688 pokemon
Get gud
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Pokemon Home is helping me connect more with my students
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A