This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Speaking of Pokemon killers, which Pokemon ripoff do you want to see come back?

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
4 weeks ago#1
Y'all remember Robopon? I sure do. The concepts were better than the games themselves, but in the right hands, it could be quite good.

Also, Bakugan. That was fun.

...What do you mean it's still a thing?
I am just four power wands away from an antigravity lozenge!
Still waiting for my username to happen.

User Info: Lexifox

Lexifox
4 weeks ago#2
Dragon Warrior/Quest Monsters was good. Shame it ended after 2.

Also Monster Rancher is not a ripoff but it gets mention anyway.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: SegavsCapcom

SegavsCapcom
4 weeks ago#3
Lexifox posted...

Monster Rancher is oddly addicting. A full fledged return will get my support.
I am just four power wands away from an antigravity lozenge!
Still waiting for my username to happen.

Lexifox
4 weeks ago#4
The original MR1 is currently enjoying a Japanese-only mobile app release.
"Murder of the living is tragic, but murder of the idea is unforgivable." - Janus, speaker of the synod

User Info: ultradinosaur

ultradinosaur
4 weeks ago#5
I was going to comment on the Digimon World DS games, but after some quick research it seems that gameplay style has been going for a while now. Guess I need to grab a copy of Cyber Sleuth.
RAWR!

User Info: paipr

paipr
4 weeks ago#6
I enjoyed aspects of Monster Rancher, but like Digimon World 1, I'm not a fan of monster Sims where your monster can die and you start over. I also wonder if MR could really come back as well without it's biggest gimmick aka scanning discs to get new monsters.

Jade Cacoon 2 had a great battle system with some fun monster designs, and an actual story... Of sorts. So I'd love a new one of those built of those concepts.

And I patiently await the return of Dragon Quest Monsters.

Also a NiNoKuni3 that returns to the creature catching of the first one would be great.
ThinMint the shiny Sizzlipede/Centiskorch says hi.
FC: Paipr: 0980-8985-0980

Lexifox
4 weeks ago#7
paipr posted...
I enjoyed aspects of Monster Rancher, but like Digimon World 1, I'm not a fan of monster Sims where your monster can die and you start over. I also wonder if MR could really come back as well without it's biggest gimmick aka scanning discs to get new monsters.

The GBA games let you use passwords to create monsters. Also

Lexifox posted...
The original MR1 is currently enjoying a Japanese-only mobile app release.

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
4 weeks ago#8
I'd really like to see DQM Joker 3 get an official English release. I'd also really like to see the Digimon IP create a consistent and unique game series with future releases only adding onto the Digimon count (ie a Cyber Sleuth sequel)
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/39lX5ve.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9S9glYE.png https://imgur.com/a/Qxo9jXF

User Info: snowboarderkid6

snowboarderkid6
4 weeks ago#9
@Lexifox posted...

From what ive heard the series actually continued in Japan quiet a bit but I have to agree I would happily jump ship to d.w..m. If given the chance those monsters were down right badass
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010

User Info: paipr

paipr
4 weeks ago#10
Lexifox posted...
The GBA games let you use passwords to create monsters. Also

True, but that was as fun as the Disc. Using your own CD or DVDs to "unlock the monsters within" was a fun shtick and made it seem like you had discovered something secret about your own stuff, specially if it unlocked a super rare unique one.

A password is just like.... More intentional/random so less interesting.
ThinMint the shiny Sizzlipede/Centiskorch says hi.
FC: Paipr: 0980-8985-0980
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Speaking of Pokemon killers, which Pokemon ripoff do you want to see come back?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A