This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Pokemon HOME and Pokemon GO- what do you expect to be transferable?

User Info: MikeClaus2001

MikeClaus2001
6 days ago#1
Title. HOME is releasing next month and it will be first time when spin-off game will allow to transfer Pokemon to MSG (Let's GO games being part of main series is questionable and even then you couldn't transfer any Pokemon from Bank to Let's GO). With this I am curious to see what other think what Pokemon from GO we will be able to send to Sword/ Shield and how its stats will be affected.

Mostly I am interested to hear what others think about Pokemon that should be possible to sent to Let's GO (gen 1+ Meltan/ Melmetal only) but are not for some reasons.

1.Costume or Hat Pokemon- from time to time, Niantic releases special Pokemon in costumes for events. Those cannot be transfered to Let's GO, even though some of them are Gen 1. Those are:

Pikachu family (Holiday Santa Hat, Party Hat, Ash Hat, Witch Hat, Summer Hat with Sunglasses, ,,Fragment Hat'' designed by Hiroshi Fujiwara, Flower Crown, Detective Hat, Straw Hat, Mimikyu costume and Winter Hat)

Sunglasses Squrtle family

Flower Crown Eevee family

Bulbasaur in Shedinja Costume
Charmander in Cubone Costume
Squirtle in Yamask costume

Holiday Stantler with bells

Party Hat Raticate, Wobbuffet and Wurmple

Armored Mewtwo

Here's more details with sprites
https://pokemongo.fandom.com/wiki/Event_Pok%C3%A9mon
https://gamepress.gg/pokemongo/pokemon/150-armored

Apart from Mewtwo, all of them have the same stats as normal version, but some of them (Wurmple, starters in costumes, and some Pikachu with hat) can't be evolved. My most positive view is that they could be transferable, but they would lose their costume/ hat when sending to HOME/Sw/Sh.

2.Shadow and Purified Pokemon- same as costume variants, they can't be send. And just like costume ones, I hope that they could be transfered, but lost their Shadow or Purified status.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Shadow_Pok%C3%A9mon_(GO)

I think it's all of them. Now something related to ALL Pokemon in GO. How they stats, moves and abilities would be affected during transfer?

1.Stats- or more precisely, IVs. PoGO has only 3 base stats (HP, Atk and Def) with IV for each of them ranging from 0 to 15, instead of 0-31. When Pokemon was transfered to Let's GO, its IVs were changed to MSG standard using formula:

PoGO IV *2 +1

So 15 PoGO IV= 31 MSG IV
Atk IV affected Atk and Sp. Atk IV, same for Def. HP IV affected only HP IV. Only random IV you got from transfer was Speed.
I guess that is most fair way of how stats are affected, but I would be happy if HP IV affected both HP and Speed, even if that wouldn't make no sense.

2.Moves- I have no worries here; this gen each mon can learn any move from its movepool using different metods.

3.Now this is tricky. PoGO has no abilities. How do you expect abilities to be assigned? How does it looked like when abilities were first introduced to MSG? Mostly I am worried about HA and normal ones, because even using Ability Capsule you can't change between those two.

I think that's all. What do you expect from PoGO transfers?

User Info: 66_Ryder

66_Ryder
6 days ago#2
I've played PoGo quite and the only use for transferring pokemon from there to lets go was to complete the dex and help start combo chains. I highly doubt all the costumed pokemon will be transferable. And when you transferred a 100% pokemon from go to lets go the speed stat was randomly assigned. My biggest interest in Home is starting a Japanese account and doing a lets go playthrough for ditto chaining.
World Peace!

User Info: MikeClaus2001

MikeClaus2001
6 days ago#3
66_Ryder posted...
I've played PoGo quite and the only use for transferring pokemon from there to lets go was to complete the dex and help start combo chains. I highly doubt all the costumed pokemon will be transferable. And when you transferred a 100% pokemon from go to lets go the speed stat was randomly assigned. My biggest interest in Home is starting a Japanese account and doing a lets go playthrough for ditto chaining.
Not true with speed IV. Yes, it was random, but it was decided when you CAUGHT Pokemon, not when you transfered it (so if you transfered perfect IVs mon from GO you just had to save game before catching it and then keep reseting until you got 31 Speed). Also, thanks to you I just realized that if IVs stay the same when transfering it will mean Let's GO games will be best place for me to get 6 IVs Ditto. Maybe even more than one.

User Info: 66_Ryder

66_Ryder
6 days ago#4
MikeClaus2001 posted...
Not true with speed IV. Yes, it was random, but it was decided when you CAUGHT Pokemon, not when you transfered it (so if you transfered perfect IVs mon from GO you just had to save game before catching it and then keep reseting until you got 31 Speed). Also, thanks to you I just realized that if IVs stay the same when transfering it will mean Let's GO games will be best place for me to get 6 IVs Ditto. Maybe even more than one.
I didn't know that. Thanks.
World Peace!

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
6 days ago#5
Everything but the hat/costume Pokemon from Go
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Pokemon HOME and Pokemon GO- what do you expect to be transferable?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers