This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why is Appletun not weak against my fire move ?

User Info: Frosted-cookiee

Frosted-cookiee
6 days ago#1
why is my chandelures flamethrower not super effective on Appletun if it’s grass type?
FC: 3282-6908-0138 TOWN- Dadwoods MAYOR: Elfkins

User Info: Baha05

Baha05
6 days ago#2
Because its also part dragon which gives it some resistance
"He may be Mr. Clean, but his soul will always be dirty!"

User Info: Frosted-cookiee

Frosted-cookiee
6 days ago#3
Oh okay ty, I’m an idiot lol
FC: 3282-6908-0138 TOWN- Dadwoods MAYOR: Elfkins

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
6 days ago#4
Everyone knows apples are part dragon ;)
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

Baha05
6 days ago#5
Frosted-cookiee posted...
Oh okay ty, I’m an idiot lol
It happens hell for whatever reason I thought Fairy types were weak to fire

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
6 days ago#6
It’s a wyrm in an apple.

Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Naruzeldamaster

Naruzeldamaster
6 days ago#7
kirbserker posted...
Everyone knows apples are part dragon ;)
Dragons can be worms too :D
they even say it that way outloud Wyrm :D
HA Eevee for trade: https://tinyurl.com/tbawbpx
Come While Supplies Last~

User Info: gattof

gattof
6 days ago#8
Baha05 posted...
It happens hell for whatever reason I thought Fairy types were weak to fire
Fire is resistant to Fairy. But Fairy isn't weak to Fire.

Baha05
6 days ago#9
Naruzeldamaster posted...
Dragons can be worms too :D
they even say it that way outloud Wyrm :D
God dammit is that why its a dragon apple?!

User Info: Hirokey123

Hirokey123
6 days ago#10
Baha05 posted...
God dammit is that why its a dragon apple?!
Yes it's a Wyrm in an apple, its tail pokes out from the back and its "leaves" are actually the eyes of the wyrm. There is a funny thing to note that there are a number of myths associating apples and dragons/serpents. It's evolution is pretty neat as well to think about.

If you give it at tart apple, something known for making your mouth shrink and pucker you get a pretty thin version of it in the form of Flapple. Presumably because it couldn't gorge itself on the apple so it just grows into an adult version of the unseen wyrm. With its body acting now as the core of the apple and it grows a horn that acts as an apple stem. If you give it a sweet apple it basically turns into a sweet/gorges itself to become the delicious chunky appletun. Where its eyes fold down giving it the appearance of ears and its body appears to become part of the apple product rather than merely using it as a tool, bringing a new meaning to the idea of "you are what you eat".

It's interesting though that only Appletun gets apple acid since apple acid is tart, but I guess the idea is because it becomes part of the apple itself it can now produce apple products from its body. From delicious apple pie crust skin to gaining the ability to breath apple acid. Or it just ate so much that it's essentially just throwing up the apple. Meanwhile keeping in line with the logic of Flapple continues to just use the apple like a tool, its unique move lets it summon and drop an apple from the heavens like anvil. It seems to me to more or less be a joke on things like dragons summoning meteors, but it summons an apple instead. We get a bit of science reference in it as well since gravapple actually deals more damage in gravity, increase the gravity and it hits harder because it is falling faster.

Then you've got its giganitmax which seems to restore it to its actual true wyrm state without the influence of the sweet or tart apples, albite it's huge. Its apple also is returned to its original state but it's exploded from out if turning the contents into mush so it's basically a wyrm sitting in a container of apple sauce.

Really it's such a cool line.
I've got a quote that embodies you perfectly, but it's seventy-three posts long, has a few massive flowcharts, and lots of Xion-KMA to Me
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Why is Appletun not weak against my fire move ?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers