This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Haven't been here in a while. What's the scoop on Dexit?

User Info: ChocoboDreams

ChocoboDreams
1 week ago#1
So now that Gamefreak is adding 200 pokemon to Sw/Sh's roster I'm pretty sure this largely invalidates most if not all of the excuses given for why Dexit needed to be a thing from both Gamefreak and this board alike. I can't help but wonder what all of the pro-Dexit Gamefreak-shill defender folk on this board are saying these days now that Sw/Sh's roster is nearly doubling from what it was on launch. Wasn't it true that this would be impossible to balance? Wasn't it true that this would be too intimidating for newcomers?

User Info: dorkman

dorkman
1 week ago#2
It's 200 not 300
Switch Friend Code: SW-1913-5660-7511 Malsvir 3DS Friend Code: 1478-6242-6652 IGN: Malsvir

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
1 week ago#3
ChocoboDreams posted...
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.

ChocoboDreams
1 week ago#4
SmokyProgg posted...

Ah, I thought I'd read that 200 were part of the expansions with 100 extra being a free DLC. Regardless, the post still stands.

User Info: ai123

ai123
1 week ago#5
Everyone is super happy.

It's all been peaceful and positive, as you would expect on gamefaqs.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'

User Info: Black_Triforce

Black_Triforce
1 week ago#6
ChocoboDreams posted...
I'm pretty sure this largely invalidates most if not all of the excuses given for why Dexit needed to be a thing from both Gamefreak and this board alike.
Honestly, the take I had on this was that Game Freak didn't have enough time or resources to add in all of the Pokémon. With them being given an extra year to work on the game along with the profits from the game's initial sales, that idea hasn't really been invalidated when they're only adding in 200 Pokémon since the math checks out. Of three years spent in development for Sword and Shield, one year was spent on conceptual work while two were spent on making the game. In those two years, they only put in 400 Pokémon (80 of which are new, so 320 old Pokémon), 160 old Pokémon for each year. In this extra year they are spending to add in more Pokémon, they are also only adding in 200+ old Pokémon while having less new Pokémon to work on. It makes sense to me.
My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

User Info: gg132

gg132
1 week ago#7
I’ll be satisfied when they add the remaining Pokemon back in.

ChocoboDreams
1 week ago#8
Black_Triforce posted...
Honestly, the take I had on this was that Game Freak didn't have enough time or resources to add in all of the Pokémon. With them being given an extra year to work on the game along with the profits from the game's initial sales, that idea hasn't really been invalidated when they're only adding in 200 Pokémon since the math checks out. Of three years spent in development for Sword and Shield, one year was spent on conceptual work while two were spent on making the game. In those two years, they only put in 400 Pokémon, 200 for each year. In this extra year they are spending to add in more Pokémon, they are also only adding in 200 Pokémon. It makes sense to me.

While it may be true that Gamefreak simply didn't have the time to add in more pokemon, this isn't a reason that was given by Gamefreak and it isn't a reason that was vomited from the mouths of shills for so long.

Had Gamefreak just been honest that they didn't have time to include every pokemon or that they had developmental roadblocks there would have been a lot less angry people, in fact people would have applauded them for their honesty. Instead we get excuses and hypocrisy.

User Info: XCrimsonSamurai

XCrimsonSamurai
1 week ago#9
Every now and then you still see some fools try to argue that the pokemon aren't going to be free and you have to pay.

You know, something you've always had to do.
http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2239148

User Info: SmokyProgg

SmokyProgg
1 week ago#10
ChocoboDreams posted...
Had Gamefreak just been honest that they didn't have time to include every pokemon or that they had developmental roadblocks there would have been a lot less angry people, in fact people would have applauded them for their honesty.
Well that's certainly not true, if they said they didn't have the time people would have shifted to telling them to delay the game.
(o_o.,;'.\
. ||. ||. \';.',;.,.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Haven't been here in a while. What's the scoop on Dexit?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers