This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR: they bring back Megas but...

User Info: CrescentKnight

CrescentKnight
1 week ago#1
You can't Dynamax at all if you have a Mega Pokemon in your party.
Pokemon Ultra Sun Trainer Name: Corvo.
FC: 1005-8916-0531, Richard.

User Info: gg132

gg132
1 week ago#2
I prefer Mega Evolution over Dynamax so I’d be fine with that.

User Info: Hejiru

Hejiru
1 week ago#3
gg132 posted...

Pokemon HA/Aprimon Trades:
https://tinyurl.com/vv24lys

User Info: Zorume

Zorume
1 week ago#4
gg132 posted...

User Info: ai123

ai123
1 week ago#5
Dynamax is a far superior battle mechanic and only makes the Pokemon bigger, not more ugly.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'

User Info: Zero6798

Zero6798
1 week ago#6
i like dynamax better than mega except in the case of a few very specific mons

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
1 week ago#7
I would have been 100% down with that; would have brought about a bit more diversity in tactics.

User Info: Azardea

Azardea
1 week ago#8
gg132 posted...
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL68FD0D7F63715384

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#9
ai123 posted...
Dynamax is a far superior battle mechanic and only makes the Pokemon bigger, not more ugly.
This (so obviously Gigantamax is excluded, as, while a few do bring the concepts of the base forms forward and are overall better than Megas, they still fall in the same pitfalls).

Philip027 posted...
would have brought about a bit more diversity in tactics.
To be frank, the opposite, actually. Every mon can Dynamax and the boosts they give/nerf they apply to the opponents, and the side-effects in general, open many more doors for everything to potentially Dynamax and create new strats. Megas are overall broken and the top ones would overshadow the other 35 or so.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: DragonMasterX34

DragonMasterX34
1 week ago#10
Then Mega Evolution would receive little to no usage. I'd say that Dynamax is a stronger mechanic. Mega Evolution's boost is still within the BST range of what's considered normal for the most part and Mega Pokemon aren't beating Dyanamax Pokemon 1v1. Even lore wise I'd assume that Dynamax is supposed to be seen as stronger than Mega Evolution which is why it's a temporary transformation. And the fact that it's source is Eternatus which is stronger than Xerneas & Yveltal in terms of BST.
Pokemon Shield IGN: John
FC: 4168-4268-0023
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. YR: they bring back Megas but...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers