This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is SwSh officially the worst Pokemon game ever?

User Info: TigerTycoon

TigerTycoon
1 week ago#91
Probably not if you count any game with Pokemon in the title.

If you're talking main series games without remakes, then it's clearly the least polished game with the least effort put into it. Game Freak even openly admits they willingly put most of their already small staff (because they refuse to expand), and the more skilled members of their staff, on Home Town Hero during Sw/Sh's development.

So many times during interviews they were asking people to give Home Town Hero a try.
YOU COULDN'T AFFORD IT!
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ShindoKokoro

ShindoKokoro
1 week ago#92
No, it's just the worst one SO FAR.

So realistically Sun & Moon didn't have a ton going for it, but at least it had all the Pokemon.
Sw&Sh have a couple interesting features, most notably the Wild Area and raid battles (tempered by atrocious netcode) Weighed against the lack of a national Dex and all the other cuts I still have to objectively say Sw&Sh is worse.
Social justice (n): The unholy matrimony of marxism and narcissism resulting in heterophobic, anglophobic, and misandric ideological fascism.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
1 week ago#93
Andrex_93 posted...
I think we've talked about before how that would be damaging, but I appreciate the enthusiasm 😁.

Oh, probably. In some recent thread I was talking about how it's hard to 'know' people easily on this site because of site set up The idea is that it would take little effort if double and triple battles are already implemented in the game (in many older games, double battles would become single battles if you only have one pokemon, and single battles would become double if two are triggered). It would be a way to significantly have 'more' to the game with little effort from the creators.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 week ago#94
Nabinator posted...
Why do people hate Gen 2 yet love HGSS?
I didn’t necessarily like HGSS either.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: kingcam07

kingcam07
1 week ago#95
Story: The worst in the series
Setting: The most uninspired in the series.
Post Game: Part of me wants to say that Kanto was worse, but at least we had a cool location with fun pokemon to explore.
New Pokemon: I think it beats out gens 4, 6, and 7 for this.
Exploration: By far the worst exploration in the series.
Handholding: Gen 7 was much more handholdy.

I think it's the worst, but not by far. Gen 7 is close enough to it, and everything else is much better (and 1-5 are all much better than 6)
psn ID: kingcam07
3DS Friend Code: 3797-6991-7772

User Info: paralyzed21

paralyzed21
1 week ago#96
nope
https://thepanicdivision.bandcamp.com/album/versus | http://www.facebook.com/thepanicdivision
---

User Info: thenewcthulhu

thenewcthulhu
1 week ago#97
TheLastSmile posted...
The remakes of Ruby and Saphire had zero appeal for me, but I never gave them much of a chance...

Too much emphasis on player actions and no customization, f*** that. f***ing idiot company. Let me be something other than a fruity white boy

Let me be fruity and colored at least.

The default is an Asian boy....
- The Horsea of the Squirtle Squad -

kirbserker
1 week ago#98
thenewcthulhu posted...
The default is an Asian boy....

In anime it's the same thing to the west
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#99
kirbserker posted...
The idea is that it would take little effort if double and triple battles are already implemented in the game (in many older games, double battles would become single battles if you only have one pokemon, and single battles would become double if two are triggered). It would be a way to significantly have 'more' to the game with little effort from the creators.
Yeah but those battles are inherently harder because there's more than one Pokémon at a time, and so it requires more resources out of the common denominator that has to be able to play these games and puts you up against x2 the potential threats. Not even looking at the balance of your game is just something that isn't done, and with good reason.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

kirbserker
1 week ago#100
Andrex_93 posted...
Yeah but those battles are inherently harder because there's more than one Pokémon at a time, and so it requires more resources out of the common denominator that has to be able to play these games and puts you up against x2 the potential threats. Not even looking at the balance of your game is just something that isn't done, and with good reason.

Yes, but this isn't for regular players, it would be a neat way to add a new type of difficulty with little effort.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is SwSh officially the worst Pokemon game ever?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers