This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is SwSh officially the worst Pokemon game ever?

User Info: Simcambi

Simcambi
1 week ago#111
Dumb-Fumbler posted...
RBY are objectively the worse, there is no ifs, ands or buts. Being the first makes you automatically the worst unless your incarnations somehow regress even further than what the initial game brought to the table. Of mainline games of course, a game like LGPE is viewed as worse than FRLG because it regressed in what FRLG brought to the table when remaking the Kanto Region. They are better than Yellow if it weren’t for that s***ty catch mechanic but worse than the first remakes.
This view overlooks games like HGSS being widely regarding as the peak of the franchise by many despite being an older title.
Seeing someone actually learn from an argument on the internet fills you with DETERMINATION
0189-8231-0190

User Info: Labotohs

Labotohs
1 week ago#112
While gen 6 and 7 made me drop the series temporarily, I find it hard to imagine, according to what I've seen so far, that Sw/Sh can take the title from the incredibly mindless and uninspired mess that was S/M.

When the only memorable points of a game to me are a city (Lumiose) and that the online feature doesn't feel as outdated if compared to offerings in the competing portable, it means that there are a whole lot of problems with the game.
NNID: LaboTohs
FFBE: Labo - ID: 704,363,504
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ShadowSun89

ShadowSun89
1 week ago#113
It's not the best game, this title goes still to HG/SS for me, but it has the highest replay value imo. Each time you can use a different team from the get go, cause of the overworld and the raid system. I enjoyed SwSh more than every single 3DS pokemon game. Black/White and 2 are next to HG/SS for me. But I can't really say there is a single Pokemon game from the main serie that was super awful and not fun playing through. I probably disliked Platinum the most, and it was still pretty decent for me. The dexit never matterd to me, cause I grew up with those games and to complete the first Gen3 game you were forced to buy like 5 or 6 games + a whole different console (GC) to get the full dex of 3XX. Image this would be the case now, people would burn the company.
I am from Germany, I hope you can understand and respect my english. Trying my best ~
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: BassGSX

BassGSX
1 week ago#114
Simcambi posted...
This view overlooks games like HGSS being widely regarding as the peak of the franchise by many despite being an older title.
With HGSS’s restored Kanto section (legendary Pokémon dungeons, Viridian Forest being restored), as well as the new Route and reinstated Safari Zone, it was essentially a game and a half worth of playthrough.

User Info: BeatScrafty2

BeatScrafty2
1 week ago#115
ORAS and USUM say hi.
3DS FC: 3652-1012-6122
Switch : 1262-5767-2705

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 week ago#116
Simcambi posted...
It’s regarded by many as such because it didn’t regress on what the original games (Gold and Silver) did, nor go in a direction that was worse than RBY (subjective though, as I didn’t really like HGSS). It only added to the games not subtract and used the engine of the already popular Platinum to execute itself, having elements of platinum and the previous games.

And HGSS aren’t even older than RBY.

Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: ChocoboDreams

ChocoboDreams
1 week ago#117
The awful draw distance in Sw/Sh alone takes it down several pegs for me. I blame people that complain about random encounters in RPGs. And the people that demanded Pokemon go 3D in the first place, for that matter.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MightyGroudon

MightyGroudon
1 week ago#118
Nope. Its not even close to the empty experience that was X/Y. Other than the new 3D graphics and Megas everything else was completely forgettable. Those games were even more rushed than this pair. Although they were making 3D models for the first time, which took away other areas that desperately needed help.

User Info: megamannerd

megamannerd
1 week ago#119
Nah Let's go is by far the worst and most insulting games in the series.

User Info: Finis-XII

Finis-XII
1 week ago#120
Lexifox posted...
No. Gen 2 exists.
Gen 2 isn't bad at all, so nope.

Also lmao at the poll result. This is by far the most hollow, unfinished Pokémon game ever made thus far.
"This close, I can hear your heart beating. Thump, thump...that's how you sound... <3" - Chie
https://m.imgur.com/gfiAZKK
(edited 1 week ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is SwSh officially the worst Pokemon game ever?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers