This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is SwSh officially the worst Pokemon game ever?
Calling R/B/Y the worst is laughable. They were the very start of the series and amazing for GB titles. Objectively XY, SM, and SwSh are the worst, my vote goes to Sword.
Someday I'm hoping to close my eyes and pretend, that this crumpled up paper can be perfect again.

User Info: Tidus1012

Tidus1012
1 week ago#102
Funny how to post a controversial trash topic and then comment 'discuss'.

Its like planting a bomb in a park and then slowly walk away waiting for the explosion while you are in a safe place.
~A(o)S~

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 week ago#103
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
Calling R/B/Y the worst is laughable. They were the very start of the series and amazing for GB titles. Objectively XY, SM, and SwSh are the worst, my vote goes to Sword.
RBY are objectively the worse, there is no ifs, ands or buts. Being the first makes you automatically the worst unless your incarnations somehow regress even further than what the initial game brought to the table. Of mainline games of course, a game like LGPE is viewed as worse than FRLG because it regressed in what FRLG brought to the table when remaking the Kanto Region. They are better than Yellow if it weren’t for that s***ty catch mechanic but worse than the first remakes.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: kevi959

kevi959
1 week ago#104
Whether it lives up to the expectations or not, it is about as comprehensive and fun of an experience that pokemon has ever been, discounting nostalgia. At the end of the day, this game is more for a younger audience. Newer games aren’t worse just because people grew older and don't enjoy pocket monsters like they did back in their middle school days.

Also, gamers are more nitpicky and whinier than theyve EVER been in the past. Internet culture changed gamers to care more about reviews and opinions of the masses than what they consider to be fun.

Let a company today release a pokemon blue or red, with the exact gameplay and graphics of that time. Half of yall wouldnt even have the patience to find it in the dank corners on steam for .99 cents, and would s*** on it for not being a 400 hr experience on 4K 144hz, with 1000 pokemon. Shooot, you guys wouldnt play it for free if it wasnt tied to your childhoods. Yall lost your damn minds dumping on SwSh.

and that is that. Pdt.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: kajillion

kajillion
1 week ago#105
Either this or XY.

User Info: AlfredoJones

AlfredoJones
1 week ago#106
SeekAndDestroy2 posted...
They are by and far and most broken and buggy titles in franchise history. Even SwSh are better optimized than those titles were. While they certainly deserve respect for starting the franchise pretty much every title from the GBA onwards blows them out of the water from a technical level. You can certainly have fun playing them today, but I doubt any newbies who haven't grown up with them will share the same sentiments.
You can't fool me, 'cause I'm a moron!
Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2960-9608-3596

User Info: bigjclassic

bigjclassic
1 week ago#107
Ultra Sun and Moon. Made me quit pokemon for a while.
PSN: classicviolence; NNID: (Ryusaki_J)
Only troglodytes dedicate themselves to the left, right paradigm. Blind belief in man is modern slavery, Stay Free!!

User Info: Tyrant_Wesker

Tyrant_Wesker
1 week ago#108
On a purely objective level, Gen 1 is, was, and always will be the worst games in the series. They're buggy and broken, Ghost and Dragon might as well not be typings at all, and none of the features that make other games simply better to play. It's laughable to suggest anything could ever be worse outside of totally subjective opinions, which don't matter when trying to decide what's best or worst in any meaningful way.
"G-gotcha... friendio! Leave it to us... m-mate!" - Melia, Xenoblade Chronicles

User Info: neji721

neji721
1 week ago#109
Nah. Just people a couple of angry people are screaming at the top of their lungs means nothing.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
1 week ago#110
neji721 posted...
Nah. Just people a couple of angry people are screaming at the top of their lungs means nothing.

They should scream with the bottom of their lungs, better sound control.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is SwSh officially the worst Pokemon game ever?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers