This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is SwSh officially the worst Pokemon game ever?

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#11
XY and the 3DS era as a whole are a thing, so I'd say no.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Rydershigh

Rydershigh
1 week ago#12
Andrex_93 posted...
XY and the 3DS era as a whole are a thing, so I'd say no.
Idk, XY had a mean online system and a fun Battle Tower all things considered. And the Jump from 2d to 3d was the last truly “Generation” game we’ve had. SM has no such defenses but at least the narrative wasn’t dog turds and difficulty was selectively fun.
*FC:414-1957-7120
"Everyone Withdraws into their own small gated community, afraid of a larger forum"

User Info: GlitchManV5

GlitchManV5
1 week ago#13
No, and there is no "best" and "worst" Gen at all. All eight of them have something or another that appeals to everyone that plays Pokemon, and all eight of them have their flaws. I can't speak for everyone, but I've had just as much fun playing Sword and Shield as I did twenty years ago playing Red and Blue. All that really should matter is how much you, the player, enjoy the games. Not some random stranger on the internet that's telling you they're bad and acting like their opinions are the only ones that matter.
PSN: GlitchManOmega NS: SW-4092-0967-1123 Nick/Holly
"It's a sad reality when the biggest critics and haters of any given franchise are its own fans."

User Info: Unknown Force

Unknown Force
1 week ago#14
To me, yes.
MvCI Team: Capcom Function/ Marvel Function
#FreeCustomPalutena

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#15
Rydershigh posted...
Idk, XY had a mean online system and a fun Battle Tower all things considered. And the Jump from 2d to 3d was the last truly “Generation” game we’ve had. SM has no such defenses but at least the narrative wasn’t dog turds and difficulty was selectively fun.
Seriously speaking, they all have pros and cons; it's just that, for me, the overall packages came out much worse there than here.

Sure, XY had a functional system, especially compared to what came after, for sure (even though it was where using online features to trivialize the in-game became even easier, and the interface looked meh), but half of its online experience was essentially worthless because lol playing formats where Megas are a thing.

And no, the jump to 3D is not a good thing in and of itself, especially for how they executed it (which is, stumbling down the mountain instead of jumping the ledge), and the belief that every new Gen should add a shiny new aspect/jump in technology is cancerous, imo, unless you also think Generations should come out every.. 8 years or so? I'll take fifteen Gen 5s, as far as "innovations" go, than one XY, any day of the week.

SM's story wasn't good at all: they tried, but the execution was so awful it made the games' replayability plummet to previously unseen levels, in the franchise; the fact that I'd rather replay Y than actually exit the Center in my Moon to actually play that game (only got to that point to redeem Events) should tell you enough of what I think of them.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
1 week ago#16
TheLastSmile posted...
Too much emphasis on player actions

Isn't that like what makes a game a game?
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: Judgmenl

Judgmenl
1 week ago#17
Guarantee it sold more than BW.
You're a regular Jack Kerouac
I'm a Senior Software Engineer. No I don't write TPS reports, this isn't Office Space.

User Info: GujinKami

GujinKami
1 week ago#18
Absolutely, and if we argue objectivity, then the only thing SwSh has over every single other game in the franchise is modernizing and streamlining a lot of features, most of which SM did anyway so...lmao

However, a good bulk of this community only sees in rainbows and sunshine, and any sort of criticism marks you as an alt right troll hater that spends every single day harassing Masuda and Gamefreak, so there isn't much of a point to a topic like this 🙄
~Gujin
http://i.imgur.com/39lX5ve.jpg http://i.imgur.com/9S9glYE.png https://imgur.com/a/Qxo9jXF

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
1 week ago#19
Judgmenl posted...
Guarantee it sold more than BW.

Fairly certain it sold more than any pokemon.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: superdave100

superdave100
1 week ago#20
I don’t know about anybody else, but I absolutely hated Ruby and Sapphire. Might’ve been the art style, but Hoenn just felt so lame.
what the heck is a signature
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is SwSh officially the worst Pokemon game ever?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers