This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Should GameFreak level Pokemon past 100?

User Info: Decapre

Decapre
1 week ago#11
CarefreeDude posted...
Competitive matches

flygongengar posted...
Ranked battles

But what about us Genwunners?
DON'T INTERFERE!
https://i.imgur.com/0CWj5nT.jpg

User Info: metroidfan987

metroidfan987
1 week ago#12
SegavsCapcom posted...
That sounds like a terrible idea.

That's an even worse idea.
Why, exactly? Every mon having two more moveslots, would result in a much-needed overhaul of all competitive metas. Or, are people just desperate to maintain the status quo, because they are so afraid of real change?

Last gen took a minute step with Z-Moves, allowing one pokemon to execute a fifth move, once per battle. Although imho, Z-Moves should have had a 5-turn cooldown. Current gen takes it further, by allowing one pokemon to use not one, but four additional moves, for three consecutive turns, per battle.

Game Freak just needs to cut the bulls*** gimmicks, and add two more basic moveslots. It is absolutely ridiculous that after 8 generations, they can't be bothered to make a slight core change after over 20 years.

P.S. : Water-type pokemon need to be immune to Hail damage already. Water and Ice are the same element ffs.
I fix computers and smartphones. Hit me up if you are in the St. Louis area.
https://electronics-emended.business.site/
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Krazy_Kirby

Krazy_Kirby
1 week ago#13
metroidfan987 posted...
No, but they should add two more moveslots.

that didn't work for orange island dragonite
Kill From The Shadows.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

Krazy_Kirby
1 week ago#14
metroidfan987 posted...

P.S. : Water-type pokemon need to be immune to Hail damage already. Water and Ice are the same element ffs.

if water gets frozen it can't move. ice should effect water.
Kill From The Shadows.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 week ago#15
No. What would even be the point.

metroidfan987 posted...
It is absolutely ridiculous that after 8 generations, they can't be bothered to make a slight core change after over 20 years.
Change for the sake of it is one of the worst things that could happen, at least in this context, particularly because it's a core foundation that affects literally everything else above it.

The 4 Move limit interacts with the system so that Pokémon don't have an exorbitant amount of options at once and therefore some don't reach absurd levels of power while others stay in the dust, as explained by the devs themselves and, tbh, pretty obvious to those who play competitively or care about in-game balance.

metroidfan987 posted...
Last gen took a minute step with Z-Moves, allowing one pokemon to execute a fifth move, once per battle. Although imho, Z-Moves should have had a 5-turn cooldown. Current gen takes it further, by allowing one pokemon to use not one, but four additional moves, for three consecutive turns, per battle.
Aside from the fact that gimmicks in and of themselves are awful, wouldn't the fact that they lock these supposed "extra Moves" behind gimmicks suggests to you that they actively want to avoid giving mons more Moveslots, as opposed to them not thinking about it or something?

metroidfan987 posted...
As someone who allegedly wanted to buff Water, this doesn't surprise me.
As someone who allegedly wanted a Vapor Type, this does surprise me a bit.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman
(edited 1 week ago)
wouldnt mind it just so raids would get a lot easier. i mean there's no point against it, its just helpful if you want it.
I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero. I have always only fought for the people I believe in. ~Zero
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MewistloveMew

MewistloveMew
1 week ago#17
I wouldn't mind if they did.

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
1 week ago#18
Not an
Option

But it's possible in Pokemon Masters, you know, that bad mobile game nobody plays anymore if you want to try.
"It's always too soon until it's too late."
"When the disgusted depart, there remains only the disgusting ones"

User Info: metroidfan987

metroidfan987
1 week ago#19
Krazy_Kirby posted...
that didn't work for orange island dragonite
Literally every pokemon in the anime knows over 4 moves. Except of course rare cases like Ditto and Unown. Also, how many other RPG combat systems limits a character to a measly four techniques? People need to stop defending an antiquated, stale, and, flawed system. "Four Moveslot Syndrome" is always disappointing to deal with. Imagine if other RPGs limited their combat systems to four moves per character. All those fanbases would be in an outrage.

Krazy_Kirby posted...
if water gets frozen it can't move. ice should effect water.
And yet, water types are resistant to ice, but ice types are not resistant to water. In fact, fire types should be immune to Hail damage as well. It can easily be assumed that fire types emanate enough heat to melt (or at least soften) hail drops to negate any potential damage.
I fix computers and smartphones. Hit me up if you are in the St. Louis area.
https://electronics-emended.business.site/
(edited 1 week ago)

Krazy_Kirby
1 week ago#20
no, they forget old moves and learn new ones.
dragonite was the only one to use more than 4, and that was done on purpose
Kill From The Shadows.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Should GameFreak level Pokemon past 100?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers