This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Fans: Gamefreak! Bring back the old Pokemon!

User Info: Plasmas

Plasmas
1 month ago#51
Lum_Yatsura posted...
According to the hypocrites it's an outrage for Pokemon to cut monsters, but if they boycott Pokemon in favor of another franchise guess what? It'll be a franchise that cuts monsters.
How many other monster games charge you to transfer ?

Merlin: Remember to believe in magic... or I'll kill you.

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 month ago#52
Plasmas posted...
How many other monster games charge you to transfer ?

Most monster games don't have transfer at all
Patience.

Plasmas
1 month ago#53
Hbthebattle posted...
Most monster games don't have transfer at all
Any why do you think pokemon became the undisputed king of them?

It's because they marketed the monsters and constant companions... "friends"(or some variation) they often call them, that you can keep from game to game

(I guarantee you pokemon wouldn't be a third as popular today if it worked like all the other monster trainers, and made you ditch them each new game)

And now GF/Masuda acts all shocked because fans bought into that, and act accordingly when their "friends" are wronged

User Info: Hbthebattle

Hbthebattle
1 month ago#54
Pokemon got popular before the idea of transferring or a second generation was a thing.
What did spark Pokemon's popularity was trading.
Patience.

Plasmas
1 month ago#55
Hbthebattle posted...
Pokemon got popular before the idea of transferring or a second generation was a thing.
What did spark Pokemon's popularity was trading.
So did yugioh, digimon, yokai watch, even monster rancher got big in my area for a time

But none had the true staying power of pokemon, because none had the true sense of collection and progress across the whole series.

User Info: MaidKnight404

MaidKnight404
1 month ago#56
Psyduck return hype

Any word on heracross?
My Fate/Grand Order (JP) Friend Bind is 484,416,786 (Vasche)

User Info: Lum_Yatsura

Lum_Yatsura
1 month ago#57
Plasmas posted...
So did yugioh, digimon, yokai watch, even monster rancher got big in my area for a time

But none had the true staying power of pokemon, because none had the true sense of collection and progress across the whole series.

The next game will tell all. Dexit is going to be common knowledge by the time gen 9 rolls around.

Recall that Let's Go had less than a quarter the Pokemon than XY, yet sold more copies than USUM. (the biggest dex yet)
Shouting "what did you do that for?" at a stationary bucket of water.

User Info: lildragon0

lildragon0
1 month ago#58
paipr posted...
https://gamefaqs1.cbsistatic.com/user_image/7/8/9/AAOYclAAAGil.jpg
I love this
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Fans: Gamefreak! Bring back the old Pokemon!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A