This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I got to see a kid play Pokemon Sword as his first pokemon game

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 month ago#91
@lockette explain how you got to such conclusion and assumption, you seem to be projecting there
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: Zero6798

Zero6798
1 month ago#92
PaladinAlik posted...
Hmm sounds counter to the message of the game "love" your pokemon if u just dump em for next on3

isn't that what ash does every season?

"i love you pidgeot i'll come back to you" 20 years later "pidgeot who?"

User Info: PaladinAlik

PaladinAlik
1 month ago#93
I dunno I dont watch the anime, but playing the games it seemed to be a pretty strong message.

Sides I thought we didnt like Ash, why would you want to emulate him?
If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 month ago#94
PaladinAlik posted...
Hmm sounds counter to the message of the game "love" your pokemon if u just dump em for next on3
There is no real negative "message" in trying to make new friends, if you wanna take that route. Would you leave the player of the past game empty-handed by forever depriving them of their precious team? That reasoning kind of both goes ways.

Really, just because a Pokémon stays in a past game doesn't mean that it stops being "your friend" and that you can't play with it again.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Miderb

Miderb
1 month ago#95
@CarefreeDude , can you give us an update on your cousin's progress? How far has he gotten into the game now? Have his thoughts changed at all the further in he got? Does he have any plans to complete the Pokedex?

(Sorry if this is a lot of questions/seems a little invasive. This is the first thread in a long while that hasn't made me roll my eyes so hard i can see the inside of my skull, and I'd like more of that.)
Hey, I'm Miderb! I have ADD, I'm an ex-gamefreak hater B-)
Official Keyboard Math Penguin/Sans Main of the Smash Bros. Ultimate Board

PaladinAlik
1 month ago#96
Andrex_93 posted...
There is no real negative "message" in trying to make new friends, if you wanna take that route. Would you leave the player of the past game empty-handed by forever depriving them of their precious team? That reasoning kind of both goes ways.

Really, just because a Pokémon stays in a past game doesn't mean that it stops being "your friend" and that you can't play with it again.

Well the past player character is "me" and so I'm not really hurting myself or loving myself less by transferring them forward. I mean there arent 8 different mes accross all gens....Just making sure the mon gets the love and attention it deserves.

If you believe in Jesus Christ as your Lord and Savior and you're not ashamed, put this in your signature.

PaladinAlik
1 month ago#97
Miderb posted...
@CarefreeDude , can you give us an update on your cousin's progress? How far has he gotten into the game now? Have his thoughts changed at all the further in he got? Does he have any plans to complete the Pokedex?

(Sorry if this is a lot of questions/seems a little invasive. This is the first thread in a long while that hasn't made me roll my eyes so hard i can see the inside of my skull, and I'd like more of that.)
Yeah did he nickname his mon? If so what? Which fossil he pick? You know what natures they are? Move sets levels?

User Info: Miderb

Miderb
1 month ago#98
PaladinAlik posted...
Yeah did he nickname his mon? If so what? Which fossil he pick? You know what natures they are? Move sets levels?
You don't get to pick your fossil, it's version exclusive now.
Hey, I'm Miderb! I have ADD, I'm an ex-gamefreak hater B-)
Official Keyboard Math Penguin/Sans Main of the Smash Bros. Ultimate Board

User Info: Andrex_93

Andrex_93
1 month ago#99
PaladinAlik posted...
Well the past player character is "me" and so I'm not really hurting myself or loving myself less by transferring them forward. I mean there arent 8 different mes accross all gens....Just making sure the mon gets the love and attention it deserves.
See, I don't necessarily see it that way, and so do others: it's more of a "personal re-living" of that character's story.

Either way, it's pretty much semantics: the main point is that, while you're absolutely free to get attached to specific mons, you're not doing them a disservice for not moving them forward in every game, and transferring all of them forward runs the risk of not leaving room for the stuff in the new game; which is part of why the transfer system is either limited or comes out months after the game itself does.

Again, though, my point here isn't to say that you're wrong for transferring them: I was just pointing out how that "friends" perspective technically is also valid the other way around, if less so for people who really identify themselves with each MC, and that the desire to move everything forward isn't expressed by everyone.
"Actors are agents of change. A film, a piece of theater, a piece of music, or a book can make a difference. It can change the world." - Alan Rickman

User Info: Thelemonman

Thelemonman
1 month ago#100
Miderb posted...
You don't get to pick your fossil, it's version exclusive now.
*siiiiiip*
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I got to see a kid play Pokemon Sword as his first pokemon game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A