This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I got to see a kid play Pokemon Sword as his first pokemon game

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
1 month ago#1
I have a young cousin, only 8 years old. For Christmas he got pokemon sword. He immediately fell in love with the game, choosing grookey as his starter because "It can get berries". (i did not tell him that it cannot get berries). He then had a lot of fun just exploring the routes, wanting a pikachu, and figuring out type matchups and all that. I got to watch him play all the way up to the first gym, where he was in absolute awe of the Dynamax mechanic. Also seeing him actually scared as he was running away from the "powerful" pokemon in the wild area was pretty great. He also thought team yell was really funny.

He didn't have any of the shaded thoughts about missing pokemon, features, or attacks since he had no prior experience with them. I also traded him a charmander egg because he thought Leons Charizard was so cool. He also thought Leon was cool. And really proud of himself for beating Hop.

Anyway as of the end of the first gym, his team was:

Grookey
Charmander
Pikachu
Rookdie
zigzagoon
blipbug

It's interesting seeing this from a child's perspective; It certainly makes me feel like this game was designed more for children than the hardcore fans.
Switch Code: SW-5421-8761-9807 IGN: Chris

User Info: HappyDog

HappyDog
1 month ago#2
A child enjoying a children's game impossible.

Jk. Thats to be expected.

All according to keikaku.
Give me vAlIdAtIOn

User Info: AlphaDrogon

AlphaDrogon
1 month ago#3
Hopefully he doesnt go blind like I did playing Pokémon Sword and Shield
"...cold as the breath of the ice dragon."
https://i.imgur.com/iOnPg0H.gif

User Info: ai123

ai123
1 month ago#4
I'm afraid this may mean your cousin is a corporate shill with no standards who is objectively wrong about a videogame.

Either that or he is just a kid enjoying a fun game. Long may it continue.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 month ago#5
Or a kid who doesn't know any better enjoying a bad game.

He doesn't know what has been lost. Or how much better all the other games are. (Except Gen 5 which is nearly as bad.)
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: SaberLily

SaberLily
1 month ago#6
Good for your cousin.
Even the most legit criticism repeated many times by the same people can become white noise.
https://gph.is/1UPLxj3

User Info: CarefreeDude

CarefreeDude
1 month ago#7
emagdnE posted...
Or a kid who doesn't know any better enjoying a bad game.

He doesn't know what has been lost. Or how much better all the other games are. (Except Gen 5 which is nearly as bad.)

You're right.

So he's having a good time, and will likely buy future releases.

Switch Code: SW-5421-8761-9807 IGN: Chris

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 month ago#8
CarefreeDude posted...
So he's having a good time, and will likely buy future releases.
That’s the point.

Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall

User Info: snowboarderkid6

snowboarderkid6
1 month ago#9
I genuinely enjoyed reading that keep us updated on his play through and thoughts if he keeps at it anyway I know how fickle kids are these days
Just won the superbowl with the lions in year 3 franchise if i can do it why cant they not changing sig until they do 8/21/2010

User Info: Thelemonman

Thelemonman
1 month ago#10
My kids love it.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I got to see a kid play Pokemon Sword as his first pokemon game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A