This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I'm afraid i'll forget Gen 8 Pokemon exist in future games.

User Info: Orpeiu50

Orpeiu50
1 month ago#1
They don't look very memorable or unique (the same problem gen 2 has tbh).

User Info: emagdnE

emagdnE
1 month ago#2
More like it has the same problem Gen 6 has.

Gen 6 and 8 pokémon are basically Gen 5 pokémon. But after Gen 5 the damage was already done. Expectations have already been lowered.

People remember the ones who destroyed the building. Not the ones who plundered the rubble.
I've never seen anything this beautiful in the entire galaxy... All right, give me the bomb. -Ultra Magnus

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
1 month ago#3
Idk, I feel like a good chunk of them really stand out. Moreso than Johto or a substantial chunk of Kalos (at least for its size) at least. And as much as I love Alola, at least most of Galar's Pokemon evolve... so many Gen 7 Pokemon are standalones with ridiculously low encounter rates...
*horrible bird imitations*
I'm probably either bored or procrastinating. Or both.

User Info: Zaye_

Zaye_
1 month ago#4
Definitely more memorable than 6-7 combined. Gen 5 designs were so garbage to me initially but the majority grew on me. Sun and Moon was the first Pokémon game I could not for the life of me finish. **** was god awful.

User Info: Orpeiu50

Orpeiu50
1 month ago#5
Zaye_ posted...
Definitely more memorable than 6-7 combined. Gen 5 designs were so garbage to me initially but the majority grew on me. Sun and Moon was the first Pokémon game I could not for the life of me finish. **** was god awful.

Gen 6 and 7 are way more memorable than the garbage we got this gen for sure, at least Gen 6 and 7 new pokemon are original.

User Info: Shinagawakun

Shinagawakun
1 month ago#6
Zaye_ posted...
Gen 6 had decent design where most actually looked like "Pocket Monsters" rather than "Who's the biggest thot". Sun/Moon is where everything went down again as most turned into ugly humanoids. Although I liked Gen 8's monster-themed designs, just the humanoids fell flat.

Same. SwSh gets flack, but I find it 10 times superior to S/M.
Switch FC: 1095 2462 6528

User Info: MajinSoulx

MajinSoulx
1 month ago#7
That's a you problem tbh. Many of the Gen8 designs are pretty memorable.
Curse the fiends, their children too.
And their children, forever true.

User Info: lildragon0

lildragon0
1 month ago#8
I'll never forget Centiskorch

User Info: GamePlaye

GamePlaye
1 month ago#9
Orpeiu50 posted...
Gen 6 and 7 are way more memorable than the garbage we got this gen for sure, at least Gen 6 and 7 new pokemon are original.

So gen 8 new pokemon are counterfeit?

User Info: Dumb-Fumbler

Dumb-Fumbler
1 month ago#10
It’s a bit difficult to forget an elephant with a very distinct color pattern, a gremlin/ goblin creature, a hydra witch goddess thing, two dogs with a shield/ sword, an alien dragon thing, an armored corvid, a gorilla, a rabbit, a weird basilisk lizard, an ancient salamander, a tower of cake, Ms. pots and chip, a horrendously ugly coal creature that reeks of Gen 1 Philosophy with its “muh angry eyes!”, Mecha Godzilla, a “Galarian” Volcarona with ice, a punk rocker and a bad game of “Match the cards!” with the fossils.
Icicle Crash + Heat Crash = Waterfall
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. I'm afraid i'll forget Gen 8 Pokemon exist in future games.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers