This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is there a pokemon that can shut-down dragapult reliably?

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
2 days ago#21
I didn't realize people were running thunderbolt on it. Grim is a good choice though
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1
skeIedragon posted...
Aren’t they all gone?
No.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: Zaye_

Zaye_
2 days ago#23
I’d recommend Bisharp.

Dark/Steel typing gives it resistance to one of Dragapult’s STABs and a immunity to the other.

If Dragapult goes for any form of attack he gets Sucker Punched. This is very obvious though so you’ll either get a turn to boost with Swords Dance, or Pult could go for the burn. Which you can counterplay in your own way depending on your team. But I feel like he could do a great job of being a check to him.
Bulk Up/Rest/Sleep Talk/Spirit Break Grimmsnarl bro
Even the Will O Wisp set can't do anything against it... and Prankster + Sleep Talk is fun.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: lildragon0

lildragon0
2 days ago#25
Zaye_ posted...
I’d recommend Bisharp.

Dark/Steel typing gives it resistance to one of Dragapult’s STABs and a immunity to the other.

If Dragapult goes for any form of attack he gets Sucker Punched. This is very obvious though so you’ll either get a turn to boost with Swords Dance, or Pult could go for the burn. Which you can counterplay in your own way depending on your team. But I feel like he could do a great job of being a check to him.

Bisharp uses Sucker Punch
Sucker Punch Failed
Dragapult uses Wil-o-wisp

I know it's not common, but this is my set 😉

User Info: Zaye_

Zaye_
2 days ago#26
lildragon0 posted...
Zaye_ posted...
I’d recommend Bisharp.

Sucker Punch Failed

It’s actually super common on him, which is why I stated in the post you quoted “Or Pult could go for the burn...” I could just as easily say:

Trainer switched to Conkeldurr
Dragapult used Wil-o-wisp
Conkeldurr was burned (Now gets a bonus from guts)

All depends on your team and ability to read the opponent. The fact still stands that the only real way Dragapult threatens Bisharp is by burning him. He can’t attack whatsoever or he dies. Leaving two options go for a burn/boost or switch. I think that’s worthy of calling Bisharp a check.

User Info: lildragon0

lildragon0
2 days ago#27
Zaye_ posted...
lildragon0 posted...
Zaye_ posted...
I’d recommend Bisharp.

Sucker Punch Failed

It’s actually super common on him, which is why I stated in the post you quoted “Or Pult could go for the burn...” I could just as easily say:

Trainer switched to Conkeldurr
Dragapult used Wil-o-wisp
Conkeldurr was burned (Now gets a bonus from guts)

All depends on your team and ability to read the opponent. The fact still stands that the only real way Dragapult threatens Bisharp is by burning him. He can’t attack whatsoever or he dies. Leaving two options go for a burn/boost or switch. I think that’s worthy of calling Bisharp a check.

Yes, Bisharp is a check. It still has to worry about a possible Flamethrower going in.

User Info: Alpha218

Alpha218
2 days ago#28
Zaye_ posted...
I’d recommend Bisharp.

Bisharp is not immune to any of Dragapult’s STABs, since it is neither a Psychic nor Poison type
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: X6G-JGS-BFG; Dead by Daylight Discord: https://discord.gg/s6gDduM

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
2 days ago#29
Alpha218 posted...
Zaye_ posted...
I’d recommend Bisharp.

Bisharp is not immune to any of Dragapult’s STABs, since it is neither a Psychic nor Poison type

Uhh... you mean Fairy or Normal type?
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

User Info: Alpha218

Alpha218
2 days ago#30
Bisharp is a Dark Steel type which is immune to Psychic and Poison

Yes I know what types are immune to Dragapult STABs, Normal and Fairy like you said
I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite user on the Citadel.
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: X6G-JGS-BFG; Dead by Daylight Discord: https://discord.gg/s6gDduM
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is there a pokemon that can shut-down dragapult reliably?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers