This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is there a pokemon that can shut-down dragapult reliably?

User Info: np153

np153
2 days ago#11
skeIedragon posted...
The Adamant 252 grimmsnarl sucker punch is like 60% chance to ohko or so. Can 100% if you don’t mind using a life orb slot there.

Sounds like a good idea, I even bred one out already, I will give it a shot.
3ds FC: 4983-5503-4650 (Calvin)
ACNL IGN: Calvin; Ultra Sun IGN: Sunshine C.

User Info: Daschoundred

Daschoundred
2 days ago#12
Last Soldier posted...
Choose any of the Pranksters and Confuse Ray and/or Willow-Wisp him, and he's crippled. This generation we have access to almost all Pranksters in the game, they are amazing online, try them.

Also Turn 1 Moxie Gyarados if not countered by the first pokemon will just become unstoppable, it's the cheapest thing this generation. Nothing can counter him except for Ditto, but even then you can still win.

I'm using a Red Card Mimikyu as my anti Gyarados... It's working pretty well.

Edit: unless the gyarados uses Dynamax... If that's the case some prediction is necessary
You can call me Dasch! Woof! SW-8069-0397-4307
I usually pick a comfy topic and stay there for a while, so if I'm in your topic it's because it's fun!
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: np153

np153
2 days ago#13
Last Soldier posted...
Choose any of the Pranksters and Confuse Ray and/or Willow-Wisp him, and he's crippled. This generation we have access to almost all Pranksters in the game, they are amazing online, try them.

Also Turn 1 Moxie Gyarados if not countered by the first pokemon will just become unstoppable, it's the cheapest thing this generation. Nothing can counter him except for Ditto, but even then you can still win.

Would dagapult's thunderbolt nit make short-work of gyrados?
3ds FC: 4983-5503-4650 (Calvin)
ACNL IGN: Calvin; Ultra Sun IGN: Sunshine C.

User Info: JonasABlood

JonasABlood
2 days ago#14
Someone said Sucker Punch Grimmsnarl and I agree, no STAB Dragapult moves can hit it hard and he has no reliable moves to counter it, so that might be it
Pokemon Sword OT: John
Switch FC (Teodxro): SW-3753-1567-5793

User Info: aryanbrar

aryanbrar
2 days ago#15
np153 posted...
GuitaristMatt posted...
Lucario maybe, or send out a wall to kill it. Tox would do a good job of it

Tox gets nuked by dagapult's thunderbolt

do you even play the game lol

252 SpA Choice Specs Dragapult Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Toxapex: 96-114 (61.1 - 72.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

nuke lol, it can;t even ohko
thats with choice

User Info: Regurk_Abas

Regurk_Abas
2 days ago#16
My umbreon has no problems for the most part. Depends on its build tho, sometimes it has some problems withstanding the max bug move (Dragapult tends to have U turn)
Jeuchalais Evule Plelat
https://www.youtube.com/user/RegurkAbas/playlists
Normal-type with Scrappy.
nd9k: everything i post is terrible

User Info: robby87

robby87
2 days ago#18
galarian darmanitan choice scarf
SW-2888-5635-0683

User Info: skeIedragon

skeIedragon
2 days ago#19
NeonDragon9000 posted...
Normal-type with Scrappy.

Aren’t they all gone?

User Info: Nitemare667

Nitemare667
2 days ago#20
If only the clefairy line got the normal/fairy typing instead of the jigglypuff line, then they would be the ideal counter imo.
PSN:Nitemare667
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Is there a pokemon that can shut-down dragapult reliably?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers