This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. G-Max Gengar's catch rate must be bugged

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
1 week ago#11
If you encounter a G-max pokemon that you do solo (as in you and 3 CPUs) you have a 100% rate to catch it.

I've had to reset on a G-max Centiskorch a bunch of times due to failed captures with 3 CPUs, so that's not quite right.

User Info: MrNeRdY

MrNeRdY
1 week ago#12
Swolemon posted...
It is impossible to catch it at all as a helper.
Exploit one for yourself then run with CPUs. Pretty much guaranteed catch.
How many Joes could a Deviljho Jho if a Deviljho could Joe?

User Info: piranhapete

piranhapete
1 week ago#13
Philip027 posted...
If you encounter a G-max pokemon that you do solo (as in you and 3 CPUs) you have a 100% rate to catch it.

I've had to reset on a G-max Centiskorch a bunch of times due to failed captures with 3 CPUs, so that's not quite right.

Normal Gmax Pokemon done solo have a 100% catch rate it seems. Event Gmax Pokemon such as Centiskorch do not.
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.
Birdo deserves a bigger role in the Mario series!

User Info: SmashingBros

SmashingBros
1 week ago#14
piranhapete posted...
Normal Gmax Pokemon done solo have a 100% catch rate it seems. Event Gmax Pokemon such as Centiskorch do not.
Is Drednaw event then? I've fought three solo and lost it every time without even a shake.
*horrible bird imitations*
I'm probably either bored or procrastinating. Or both.

piranhapete
1 week ago#15
SmashingBros posted...
piranhapete posted...
Is Drednaw event then? I've fought three solo and lost it every time without even a shake.

If you're playing Sword, yes it's Event. To encounter it normally you have to go to a specific Den near the Lake of Outrage.
I count triple because I'm the False Spring Queen! So you ARE outnumbered, cakesniffers.

User Info: Philip027

Philip027
1 week ago#16
Gmax Pokemon done solo have a 100% catch rate it seems. Event Gmax Pokemon such as Centiskorch do not.

Centiskorch is event? Everywhere I'm reading about it only mentions Butterfree, Drednaw for Sword, and Corviknight for Shield.

I've also found maybe a dozen each of Butterfree and Corviknight, whereas that one Centiskorch is the only one I've encountered so far.
(edited 1 week ago)

piranhapete
1 week ago#17
Philip027 posted...
Gmax Pokemon done solo have a 100% catch rate it seems. Event Gmax Pokemon such as Centiskorch do not.

Centiskorch is event? Everywhere I'm reading about it only mentions Butterfree, Drednaw for Sword, and Corviknight for Shield.

I've also found maybe a dozen each of Butterfree and Corviknight, whereas that one Centiskorch is the only one I've encountered so far.

It also includes Sandaconda for Sword and Centiskorch for Shield.

User Info: Swolemon

Swolemon
1 week ago#18
MrNeRdY posted...
Exploit one for yourself then run with CPUs. Pretty much guaranteed catch.

See I’d love to but Gengar is exclusive to Shield. :D
Friend Code: SW-0585-7351-5615
IGN: Moira

User Info: Mikeralph

Mikeralph
3 days ago#19
Best way to catch as host is premier ball i think always works witch totally sucks rest of game but if guest repeat seams to be best

User Info: TG_Wolf

TG_Wolf
3 days ago#20
Hirokey123 posted...

Not true.

Took 4 attempts solo to catch G-Max Sandaconda Solo.

Host/Solo have a better chance to catch the pokemon but it isn't 100%
[Furry and Proud of it ^_^] AUTMAFRWGTDTBT
Official: Wolf of Everything, Madara Uchiha, Muu of UNSR/4, Saberwulf of KI and Cyber Smoke of the MKXL.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. G-Max Gengar's catch rate must be bugged
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers