This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?

User Info: DirtBasedSoap

DirtBasedSoap
3 days ago#41
HashtagSEP posted...
DirtBasedSoap posted...
okay, just cut half of all players out of the game but keep all the teams. it’s not a bad analogy just because you’re nitpicking and moving the goal post...

If you, yourself, are accepting that the analogy needs to be changed to make sense, then yeah, it kinda was a bad analogy. >_>

im just trying to help you see that it isn’t a bad analogy brotha man
I'm thinkin' about starting a corporation. WHO'S WITH ME?

DirtBasedSoap
3 days ago#42
‘What if they cut half of all playable teams/characters in this game as well’

‘it’s nooot the saaaaame thing!!!’

User Info: HashtagSEP

HashtagSEP
3 days ago#43
DirtBasedSoap posted...
‘What if they cut half of all playable teams/characters in this game as well’

‘it’s nooot the saaaaame thing!!!’

Because it's not and you even agreed it wasn't since you kept changing the analogy when pressed on it.

Sorry dude.
#SEP #Awesome #Excellent #Greatness #SteveNash #VitaminWater #SmellingLikeTheVault #Pigeon #Sexy #ActuallyAVeryIntelligentVelociraptor #Heel #CoolSpot #EndOfSig
(message deleted)

User Info: HashtagSEP

HashtagSEP
3 days ago#45
Like, you do realize that you can make the point that cutting Pokemon is bad without defending that weak ass analogy, right?
#SEP #Awesome #Excellent #Greatness #SteveNash #VitaminWater #SmellingLikeTheVault #Pigeon #Sexy #ActuallyAVeryIntelligentVelociraptor #Heel #CoolSpot #EndOfSig

DirtBasedSoap
3 days ago#46
i didn’t agree lol i was criticizing igns bad logic

if you cut half of the teams in madden and then there was a huge controversy because of it, would it make sense to write a review saying that now isn’t the time to discuss the cut teams and then turn around and give it a near perfect score? That was my original point.

the point of the analogy wasn’t to demonstrate how bad the dex cut was, it was to show that igns reasoning to not discuss cut content in a literal review was dumb.
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Genius_Sage

Genius_Sage
3 days ago#47
RoboFish posted...
I'd give it a 10. I have no complaints, and I like that it's different than past games. Also 400 in the dex allows me to actually complete it realistically. Since when do people care if others like the game. If you don't like it, play something else?

Because your attitude effects the quality of future games. The game has more issues than the dex, you saying its good that you lose content because the loss of content is “new” and “different” is bad consumer behavior.
FC - 4639-8953-6150

User Info: RoboFish

RoboFish
3 days ago#48
Genius_Sage posted...
RoboFish posted...
I'd give it a 10. I have no complaints, and I like that it's different than past games. Also 400 in the dex allows me to actually complete it realistically. Since when do people care if others like the game. If you don't like it, play something else?

Because your attitude effects the quality of future games. The game has more issues than the dex, you saying its good that you lose content because the loss of content is “new” and “different” is bad consumer behavior.

I enjoy the direction the game is. Maybe you can find a new franchise to wheeze over.

DirtBasedSoap
3 days ago#49
RoboFish posted...
Genius_Sage posted...
RoboFish posted...

I enjoy the direction the game is. Maybe you can find a new franchise to wheeze over.

we could have it so much better

User Info: TrueArchery

TrueArchery
3 days ago#50
People have different standards I suppose.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers