This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?
Sonic515 posted...
Gravis_Mortorum posted...
OPs entire point for the thread:
“Someone liked a good game.”
How brave.
no he is just saying how the hell did it get a 9.3 im sorry but like it needs a 80 for it being so watered down

It’s a subjective opinion. Some liked it more than the average. Some liked it less. It’s not that big of an outlier. It’s stupid to whine about. Again...
“Someone really liked a good game.”
So brave.

User Info: Contracts

Contracts
4 days ago#232
SenorGauntlet posted...

Spotify can have their services go down, lose access licenses, and is reliant upon your connection to their service. If you notice no difference in quality its likely due to your audio device not being good enough or you not being that deep into audio quality as a listener, which means that's a difference that wouldn't matter to your purchase anyway, but doesn't serve for others who are more concerned. Spotify is a convenient tool for people who want to pay for their music and find songs with little effort, but it is not superior to physical or digital download. Or piracy, for that matter.

Legally one can buy FLAC and pay the same 10 a month for 5TB of cloud storage and tell VLC or Plex to pull the files to their computer or Android device (I don't know about apple device, but I assume they have something too). For a pirate they could do the same, but without buying the FLACs. Or the storage, some pirates just share Plex servers full of FLACs, even less effort than Spotify for even more music access. For people with poorer internet connections you just need a good SD or external drive to store your goods. Any of the options, legal or not, in this paragraph gives you better quality music tailored to your tastes with no concern over Spotify ever having liscencing issues, which it may wind up with considering how some labels are wanting bigger cuts of money with concert sales flagging.

Spotify is good if you are cheap enough to not want better goods and storage, but not so cheap that you will throw away 10 bucks a month. If your morals on purchasing things extends enough to cover a 10 dollar sub, but not enough to buy the physical media that isn't sold at a near loss. If you're lazy enough to want a low effort music source, but not lazy enough to use a pirate's plex server because despite being even easier, pirates are too icky.
I offer contracts. You get a wish. And other stuff! Apply now!
*Contracts now feature NDA's. No termination clauses*
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: Sonic515

Sonic515
4 days ago#233
It’s a subjective opinion. Some liked it more than the average. Some liked it less. It’s not that big of an outlier. It’s stupid to whine about. Again...
So brave.
thats not what i mean im fine with you liking something but if a teacher were to grade a homework assignment that has errors and not grade it honestly that wouldnt be fair lol speaking of which what would you give the game i give it a 8 tops already brought and played it and boy does it have some flaws
Sonic515 posted...
So brave.
thats not what i mean im fine with you liking something but if a teacher were to grade a homework assignment that has errors and not grade it honestly that wouldnt be fair lol speaking of which what would you give the game i give it a 8 tops already brought and played it and boy does it have some flaws

It’s not homework. It’s not based on some purely objective scale of excellence. It’s just about whether someone liked or didn’t like a game. Some other reviewers have it a 6.5. That’s cool. I disagree, but it’s their opinion. Average was like an 8.2. 9.3 isn’t insane compared to the median. It’s a good game. Depending on your preferences and expectations, 9.3 makes sense.
This just reminds me of a phrase I saw once.

"You can't spell ignorant without IGN."
3DS Friend Code: 3437-3571-1418 | IGN: James | New Cultist of the Hoopa Guild
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1QR_hOH_8pd4s1THNSe4Hlj8OahkcZIrtigX8uMbDvNo

User Info: Sonic515

Sonic515
4 days ago#236
It’s not homework. It’s not based on some purely objective scale of excellence. It’s just about whether someone liked or didn’t like a game. Some other reviewers have it a 6.5. That’s cool. I disagree, but it’s their opinion. Average was like an 8.2. 9.3 isn’t insane compared to the median. It’s a good game. Depending on your preferences and expectations, 9.3 makes sense.
makes sense i guess so why a 9.3 ? i think it is a good game too just not a 9.3 tier at all that should be like all around good games like most mario games this game barely has any post game lol
(edited 4 days ago)

User Info: c0mpu73rguy

c0mpu73rguy
4 days ago#237
GamePlaye posted...
There is not a lot of water

Galar is literally surrounded by water (unless you can't go coast to coast).
It's always too soon until it's too late.

User Info: chicksan

chicksan
4 days ago#238
Plasmas posted...
They were paid to
Point blank

Either GF directly gave them money, or threatened them with not getting any more early review copies if its given a bad review
Honestly, probably this
Sorry for my bad english

User Info: ai123

ai123
4 days ago#239
chicksan posted...
Plasmas posted...
They were paid to
Point blank

Either GF directly gave them money, or threatened them with not getting any more early review copies if its given a bad review
Honestly, probably this

Sound like something you want to be true, does it?
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'
(edited 4 days ago)
Seeing these comments make me glad that I talked to that kid on the bus on my way from school last week. I told him I loved S/M, and he didn't even question me. And even he knows how obnoxious this fanbase has gotten ever since June.
My favorite fire starters are Charizard and Incineroar
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers