This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?
I kinda like what Dualshockers said about it. Game feels like a middle evolution Pokémon.

There’s plenty of good there, but to me, it felt like I played half a game. Like it was missing gameplay sections more than pokemon.

I want more dungeons and puzzles, like there used to be. A boss gauntlet isn’t fun when you’re healed after every battle, and your team is curbstomping everything anyway.

Also, maybe it’s just me, but I want the rival to be a heel and to take the starter with the type advantage. I feel kinda bad beating a clearly inferior trainer over and over. There’s no real satisfaction in that.

Also, that exp share needs a toggle. No way that should be the only way to play.
1: Metal Gear Solid. 2: FFT. 3: Xenogears. 4: FFVII.
5: Vagrant Story.
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Contracts

Contracts
2 days ago#222
Wiegraf_Folles posted...
I want more dungeons and puzzles, like there used to be. A boss gauntlet isn’t fun when you’re healed after every battle, and your team is curbstomping everything anyway.

The heals between battles plus G-gold rush feels like they leaned in hard to the fact that people farm the E 4 for money.
I offer contracts. You get a wish. And other stuff! Apply now!
*Contracts now feature NDA's. No termination clauses*

User Info: Koola1

Koola1
2 days ago#223
ai123 posted...
Koola1 posted...
ai123 posted...
Opinions cannot be objective by definition.

Incorrect. Objective opinions not only exist, but have an official definition, my guy.

This is a common mistake because people believe "objective" means "fact", or "true". It doesn't.

Objective's definition is simply "Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts."

An Objective Opinion is an opinion formed only through the facts presented, without feelings or personal bias involved.

So you think reviews are, or should be, factually based and not involve the feelings of reviewers?

How would that even be possible? Every review would be a Digital Foundry style recounting of the processes and techniques used.

The idea of 'objective opinion' doesn't apply to reviews of entertainment or artistic products. The moment someone says 'I like' or 'I don't like' there is no objectivity.

No, I do not believe I've claimed that all reviews should be only objective and not involve personal feelings.

I did, however, claim that ignoring objective criticisms and pretending they don't exist for the purpose of justifying a higher score on your review makes you a bad reviewer.

If you want to give a game a high score, go ahead. Claiming that a game has no issues makes your review garbage. Give it a high score despite those issues because they did not affect your enjoyment of the game. Claiming they don't exist, however? That's a problem. I feel people deserve to know what went right and what went wrong with a game when they look for a review of the game. Your personal feelings can simply factor into the score.

Koola1
2 days ago#224
Long story short, this is my stance on the subject.

An example. I am not saying this happened in her review.

"The Dex cut means that even after the ability to transfer pokemon comes out, you still may not be able to use your favorite pokemon in Sword/Shield, because they are no longer coded into the game. This doesn't bother me personally, but others may feel otherwise."

This is fine.

-No mention of Dex cut at any point in the review.

This is not fine.

User Info: SenorGauntlet

SenorGauntlet
2 days ago#225
Contracts posted...
SenorGauntlet posted...
demonstrably superior time mp3s and physical media in every way

Bulls***.

Anything that isn’t extremely niche is on Spotify, barring a handful of big name Tidal exclusives that I have zero interest in. The only thing I’ve ever failed to find is some ridiculous overly kvlt black metal and some weird electronic s*** that my gf likes. There’s a truly surprising amount of both on there, though.

I can stream it at 320, I’ve never noticed a difference between that and FLAC, it requires absolutely zero pre-planning or effort like downloading the music would, it takes up zero physical space and is infinitely easier and quicker than putting discs in. Spotify rocks.
strike a pose
http://i.imgur.com/logkNxA.gif

User Info: ai123

ai123
2 days ago#226
Koola1 posted...
ai123 posted...
Koola1 posted...
ai123 posted...

Incorrect. Objective opinions not only exist, but have an official definition, my guy.

This is a common mistake because people believe "objective" means "fact", or "true". It doesn't.

Objective's definition is simply "Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts."

An Objective Opinion is an opinion formed only through the facts presented, without feelings or personal bias involved.

So you think reviews are, or should be, factually based and not involve the feelings of reviewers?

How would that even be possible? Every review would be a Digital Foundry style recounting of the processes and techniques used.

The idea of 'objective opinion' doesn't apply to reviews of entertainment or artistic products. The moment someone says 'I like' or 'I don't like' there is no objectivity.

No, I do not believe I've claimed that all reviews should be only objective and not involve personal feelings.

I did, however, claim that ignoring objective criticisms and pretending they don't exist for the purpose of justifying a higher score on your review makes you a bad reviewer.

If you want to give a game a high score, go ahead. Claiming that a game has no issues makes your review garbage. Give it a high score despite those issues because they did not affect your enjoyment of the game. Claiming they don't exist, however? That's a problem. I feel people deserve to know what went right and what went wrong with a game when they look for a review of the game. Your personal feelings can simply factor into the score.

Ok, so, I don't think I disagree with you too much here.

If a reviewer knows of a flaw in a game through their experience of it. Say, SwSh's ridiculous pop in, then they should address that in a thorough review. To not do so would be negligent and a disservice to their readers.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'

Koola1
2 days ago#227
ai123 posted...
Koola1 posted...
ai123 posted...
Koola1 posted...
ai123 posted...

Ok, so, I don't think I disagree with you too much here.

If a reviewer knows of a flaw in a game through their experience of it. Say, SwSh's ridiculous pop in, then they should address that in a thorough review. To not do so would be negligent and a disservice to their readers.

Exactly. Glad we could come to an understanding.
OPs entire point for the thread:
“Someone liked a good game.”
How brave.

User Info: Sonic515

Sonic515
2 days ago#229
Gravis_Mortorum posted...
OPs entire point for the thread:
“Someone liked a good game.”
How brave.
no he is just saying how the hell did it get a 9.3 im sorry but like it needs a 80 for it being so watered down

User Info: BewmHedshot

BewmHedshot
2 days ago#230
Simple, IGN's rating scale goes from 8.3 to 9.7
Cavaliers: ONCE
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers