This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?
Sonic515 posted...
Gravis_Mortorum posted...
It’s funny how hard people are still trying to bash a game that has already proven to be a huge success and an obvious step forward for the franchise. Sad.
it didnt need a 9.3 tho

As an overall aggregate? Probably not. But it’s a review. It’s not crazy that one person liked the game that much considering itS a good game, just like those giving it moderate reviews are justified.

User Info: ai123

ai123
2 days ago#212
Koola1 posted...
In fact, I'll do you one better.

If reviews are not meant to be objective in any way, why bother defending their review with an hour-long podcast?

It's a subjective take, right? There's no reason or need to defend a subjective take on a game. You like it, and that's that. Why bother trying to say "There are no glaring flaws in Pokemon Sword/Shield" to defend your entirely subjective opinion of Pokemon Sword/Shield?

It's the other way around, really. If something is objectively true, then where's the need for debate or defence? It's manifestly a proven case.

It is opinions that are debated.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'

User Info: Contracts

Contracts
2 days ago#213
Stupid logic is stupid.

I agree, your logic IS stupid.

Bad reviews in general for both the bad things you mentioned.

Look at the comment of yours I replied to. The one talking about success and not reviews. The movies I mentioned were all successes, which by your metric would make them good movies. Your comment did not mention reviews, and so my comparison did not account for them. If you mentioned reviews in that comment, I'd have used Explorers of Sky vs Gates to Infinity for how useless reviews can be.
I offer contracts. You get a wish. And other stuff! Apply now!
*Contracts now feature NDA's. No termination clauses*
kollie89 posted...
obvious step forward for the franchise.

Citation needed

A s*** ton of reviewers who agree?

User Info: bigjclassic

bigjclassic
2 days ago#215
I liked it a lot and I started Pokemon seriously during X/Y.

I would give it a 8.9 or 9 honestly.

Other things can be patched in.
PSN: classicviolence; NNID: (Ryusaki_J)
Message Boards in 2019: Talking to influencers, trolls, bots and shills. Where are the actual rational minded people?
(edited 2 days ago)

User Info: Contracts

Contracts
2 days ago#216
SenorGauntlet posted...
demonstrably superior time mp3s and physical media in every way

Bulls***.
I offer contracts. You get a wish. And other stuff! Apply now!
*Contracts now feature NDA's. No termination clauses*

User Info: Koola1

Koola1
2 days ago#217
ai123 posted...
Opinions cannot be objective by definition.

Incorrect. Objective opinions not only exist, but have an official definition, my guy.

This is a common mistake because people believe "objective" means "fact", or "true". It doesn't.

Objective's definition is simply "Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts."

An Objective Opinion is an opinion formed only through the facts presented, without feelings or personal bias involved.

User Info: kollie89

kollie89
2 days ago#218
kollie89 posted...
obvious step forward for the franchise.

Citation needed

A s*** ton of reviewers who agree?

I think your link is broken
https://twitter.com/ScrubQuotesX/status/1192803964686749696

User Info: Koola1

Koola1
2 days ago#219
ai123 posted...
It's the other way around, really. If something is objectively true, then where's the need for debate or defence? It's manifestly a proven case.

It is opinions that are debated.

Both can be debated, but more often it's objective stances that are debated. Objective does not mean "true". It means given the facts at hand, this is what you think. The information you have could be incorrect, outdated, or otherwise unusable. This doesn't mean it's suddenly a subjective stance, you were just wrong.

Here's an example. Someone asks you what the current temperature is, so you look at a thermostat and tell them it's currently 80F degrees. You later find out that the thermostat was broken and it was actually 72F the entire time. You used objective information, because you did not "guess" at how hot or cold it was, but the objective information was incorrect.

User Info: ai123

ai123
2 days ago#220
Koola1 posted...
ai123 posted...
Opinions cannot be objective by definition.

Incorrect. Objective opinions not only exist, but have an official definition, my guy.

This is a common mistake because people believe "objective" means "fact", or "true". It doesn't.

Objective's definition is simply "Not influenced by personal feelings or opinions in considering and representing facts."

An Objective Opinion is an opinion formed only through the facts presented, without feelings or personal bias involved.

So you think reviews are, or should be, factually based and not involve the feelings of reviewers?

How would that even be possible? Every review would be a Digital Foundry style recounting of the processes and techniques used.

The idea of 'objective opinion' doesn't apply to reviews of entertainment or artistic products. The moment someone says 'I like' or 'I don't like' there is no objectivity.
'The sprites is ridiculous polygons'
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers