This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?

User Info: SenorGauntlet

SenorGauntlet
1 week ago#171
MasterWeasel posted...
SenorGauntlet posted...
Imagine thinking that a grown ass man stealing a children’s toy where you play pretend with cartoon monsters is some sort of bold, morally upstanding move.

Learn what stealing actually means before trying to defend a corporation that doesn’t need defending.

Taking something that doesn’t belong to you. In this case, a product that costs $60. Stop trying to rationalize your s***ty life decisions that led to you obsessing over a children’s toy and your inability to easily afford $60.
strike a pose
http://i.imgur.com/logkNxA.gif
(edited 1 week ago)
SenorGauntlet posted...
Imagine thinking that a grown ass man stealing a children’s toy where you play pretend with cartoon monsters is some sort of bold, morally upstanding move.

You say this as you probably download mp3s, watch anime on unofficial sites, read manga and comics on "free" sites, and or emulate games.

Ok.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556
SenorGauntlet posted...
Taking something that doesn’t belong to you. In this case, a product that costs $60. Stop trying to rationalize your s***ty life decisions that led to you obsessing over a children’s toy and your inability to easily afford $60.

Speaking of s***ty life choices and then saying he should waste 60 bucks on something he would not enjoy because it's easily disposable.

Peak Gamefaqs.
3DS Friend Code:0044 4173 2062
IGN: Is Abram/Abe.....Friend Safari: Steel - Klang/Magneton/Klefki Gen 6 TSV: 1607 GEN 7 TSV: 3556

User Info: Contracts

Contracts
1 week ago#174
SenorGauntlet posted...
Taking something that doesn’t belong to you.

Air doesn't belong to you, is it stealing to breathe?

To steal, you have to take someone else's property away from them. If I take a picture of a mural, I haven't stolen it, but I still have that image to enjoy at home. Same for printing out a copy of Leonardo da Vinci's works, or 3D printing a statue. Having a copy of a thing doesn't remove any property from the thing's creator or reduce it's value. To complain of a "lost sale" is to assume that they would have MADE the sale, and that they are somehow entitled to the money of others.

People are so used to viewing things as good or bad, that they forget WHY those things are good or bad, and fail to see the differences in use cases.
I offer contracts. You get a wish. And other stuff! Apply now!
*Contracts now feature NDA's. No termination clauses*
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Apocalypso

Apocalypso
1 week ago#175
pichuscute posted...
That first one never happened, that other two were clear as day illegitimate. None of these are the actual criticisms that are the problems here. You've strawmanned particularly poorly, lmfao.

Can you turn off Exp. Share?
Can the game design provide challenge?
Can Dynamax be used anywhere?
Can Gigantanax be used on any Pokemon that has one?
Are Pokemon scaled correctly?
Is the pop-in gone?
Are the textures high resolution and good looking, rather than recycled from 3DS?
Is the game 40+ hours long?
Do raids exist?
Did Game Freak lie and false advertise?

I thought so.
The first one did happen. Also, all of those things you mentioned have been addressed in reviews except for Gamefreak lying because who cares. Depending on the reviewer, those things are either not a problem, a minimal problem, or a major issue. I think you expect most reviewers to go through those things as if the sky is falling but the reality is that none of those things are major. Again, it depends on the person. Try Borderlands 3 where your whole inventory could be deleted, or guardian skill points no longer work, or the game locks you from progressing forward in the story because NPCs won't move. s*** like THAT are major issues that I care about, not textures on a tree.
I got 99 problems but dexit ain't one.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: MasterWeasel

MasterWeasel
1 week ago#176
SenorGauntlet posted...

And stealing involves taking something from its rightful owner without permission and depriving them of it, which isn’t what I did. Also, I love how you make this baseless assumption that I can’t afford a $60 game, when in reality, from what I’ve seen of Sword and Shield, I don’t think they are worth that much, which is why I pirated them instead. And after playing the games, I made the right choice.

There’s nothing in them that are worth the extra $20 over the 3DS games to me, so I’m glad I can save that money and spend it on something else that I think is actually worth buying. And if things keep going down this road, I won’t be buying the next pair of games either.

But please keep banging on about how I’m hurting poor Game Freak because they lost out on a sale on their game which still became the fastest selling Switch title.
(edited 1 week ago)

SenorGauntlet
1 week ago#177
PkmTrainerAbram posted...
SenorGauntlet posted...

You say this as you probably download mp3s, watch anime on unofficial sites, read manga and comics on "free" sites, and or emulate games.

Ok.

I have a paid Spotify subscription like literally everyone else, I’ve never read a comic or watched an anime in my life besides Spirited Away (owned), and I legally own all of my games. This is normal.
strike a pose

User Info: panforis

panforis
1 week ago#178
MasterWeasel posted...
SenorGauntlet posted...

And stealing involves taking something from its rightful owner without permission and depriving them of it, which isn’t what I did. Also, I love how you make this baseless assumption that I can’t afford a $60 game, when in reality, from what I’ve seen of Sword and Shield, I don’t think they are worth that much, which is why I pirated them instead. And after playing the games, I made the right choice.

There’s nothing in them that are worth the extra $20 over the 3DS games to me, so I’m glad I can save that money and spend it on something else that I think is actually worth buying. And if things keep going down this road, I won’t be buying the next pair of games either.

But please keep banging on about how I’m hurting poor Game Freak because they lost out on a sale on their game which still became the fastest selling Switch title.

theft is theft(taking something that doesnt belong to you) it doesnt matter if its physically or digitally anymore if you acquire something through a method that is considered illegal,and piracy is as per all the FBI warnings and court cases that have established it in the last 20+ yrs, then it is theft.

I would have thought that the Napster case back in the day and the fact that monitored sites will take down content for copyright infringement (even a lot of free manga sites will take down or make temporary any series that is licensed in English now.) Imagine ppl trying to make this argument when it has been decided in courts for 20 yrs now over and over again that stealing things online is still stealing regardless of what ppl who do it try to tell themselves.

SenorGauntlet
1 week ago#179
lmao it’s just your credit card number, you don’t own numbers
like money isn’t even real man
strike a pose

User Info: Koola1

Koola1
1 week ago#180
How is this topic even still going? We know full well why the game was given a 9.3.

It's because the reviewer said, in her own words, during a podcast with other IGN employees: "The review wasn't the place for criticisms."

When you make a conscience decision to not talk about any faults, of course a game seems nearly perfect. Honestly, it should be used as evidence of a game's poor quality when you purposely avoid all faults and it still can't get a 10/10.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. How on earth did ign give this a 9.3?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers