This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Do Dusk Balls work in raids?

User Info: SneakyPebbles

SneakyPebbles
1 year ago#1
They seem dark, after all
Slayer of Charizards

User Info: Luigifan305

Luigifan305
1 year ago#2
Yes, raids count as being in caves, so they work for Dusk Balls regardless of the time of day. Note however that Dive Balls DON'T get a boost in raids, even if the den was in the water.

Ultimately, you wanna go Net Balls for Water and/or Bug types, Repeat Balls for anything you already have registered in the dex, and Dusk Balls for everything that doesn't fit the above criteria.
Chibi-Robo, Ice Climbers, and Bandana Dee for Smash 4 DLC!

User Info: TheCuddlyBot

TheCuddlyBot
1 year ago#3
I've had luck with every ball working in raids. Gigantamax Pokemon and regular seem to get caught pretty easily. I used my Dream Ball last night on the giant cakes and got it no problem. Also used all my other Bank Balls without a hitch. So any raid battles should cut down the difficulty on catching pokes.
Moon/Ultra Moon... FriendCode 4485-3488-1574
IGN: TheCuddlyBot.

User Info: Luigifan305

Luigifan305
1 year ago#4
TheCuddlyBot posted...
I've had luck with every ball working in raids. Gigantamax Pokemon and regular seem to get caught pretty easily. I used my Dream Ball last night on the giant cakes and got it no problem. Also used all my other Bank Balls without a hitch. So any raid battles should cut down the difficulty on catching pokes.

There are 12 distinct configurations:

Solo w/ CPUs:
- Normal raid = 100%
- Event raid = normal catch rate
- G-Max raid = 100%
- Event G-Max raid = very low odds

Hosting:
- Normal raid = 100%
- G-Max raid = very low odds

Guests:
- Normal raid = normal catch rate
- G-Max raid = lowest odds possible
- Event G-Max raid = lowest odds possible

So if you fought that G-Max Alcremie with CPUs, then you were guaranteed to catch it. You could even use a Beast Ball and it wouldn't be able to break out.
Chibi-Robo, Ice Climbers, and Bandana Dee for Smash 4 DLC!

User Info: SneakyPebbles

SneakyPebbles
1 year ago#5
Luigifan305 posted...
Yes, raids count as being in caves, so they work for Dusk Balls regardless of the time of day. Note however that Dive Balls DON'T get a boost in raids, even if the den was in the water.

Ultimately, you wanna go Net Balls for Water and/or Bug types, Repeat Balls for anything you already have registered in the dex, and Dusk Balls for everything that doesn't fit the above criteria.

Great, thanks.

Luigifan305 posted...
TheCuddlyBot posted...

There are 12 distinct configurations:

Solo w/ CPUs:
- Normal raid = 100%
- G-Max raid = 100%

Hosting:
- Normal raid = 100%
- G-Max raid = very low odds

Guests:
- Normal raid = normal catch rate
- G-Max raid = lowest odds possible
- Event G-Max raid = lowest odds possible

So if you fought that G-Max Alcremie with CPUs, then you were guaranteed to catch it. You could even use a Beast Ball and it wouldn't be able to break out.

And I've been looking for this, thanks
Slayer of Charizards
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Do Dusk Balls work in raids?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A