This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Did you OR are you going to complete the Pokedex?

User Info: the_NGW

the_NGW
3 days ago#21
Plan to.
GP Vs 2016: Second Place Winner
PSN: ourtheNGW | Nintendo Switch: SW-1891-6374-1416 Official R.O.B. of the Super Smash Bros. Ultimate board

User Info: Crystal_Dream

Crystal_Dream
3 days ago#22
robby87 posted...
Crystal_Dream posted...
I'd like to, but without a GTS, I can't exactly get what I need.

there are trading boards where you get what you need in less than five minutes and you dont have to worry about some person putting their lv 7 shiny lugia for trade asking for a lv 1 male vespiquen. people literally just gave me type null and sylvally just because i said i needed one, so complaining about a lack of gts is just whining

If you have to use something outside the game itself to accomplish something, that's a flaw with the game itself. Criticism =/= whining, which I didn't even do.
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili

User Info: Andros-2k10

Andros-2k10
3 days ago#23
Yeah I'm at 270. I'm trying to complete the Dex because I need to obtain the Shiny Charm before I start to breed for Competitive Pokemon like every other Pokemon game before this one.
N3DS FC: 2208 9375 0944 / Nintendo Switch FC: SW-0594-6453-0420
Best Genre: Roguelites and Roguelikes. Best Game: Enter the Gungeon. Great Game: Dead Cells.

User Info: IamNori

IamNori
3 days ago#24
Crystal_Dream posted...
If you have to use something outside the game itself to accomplish something, that's a flaw with the game itself.

That is indeed the flaw of having two different versions of the same game, not necessarily the lack of GTS. Maybe Pokemon is better off with just one version? It's certainly more convenient that way.

I can't say for sure. I just know that ditching the "third version" idea was brilliant.
FFBE Global - ID: 439759934; Official Nyx of the Brave Exvius board
Official Pit of the SmUsh board
(edited 3 days ago)

User Info: Pink_Kirlia

Pink_Kirlia
3 days ago#25
Totally! I love completing my Pokédexes and Shield is no exception!^^ I've been going through my Galar adventure quite slowly, and part of the reason is because I'm trying to give myself a head start with the dex by catching every new Pokémon I encounter so that there's less Pokémon to catch for the dex after beating the game. My dex is currently at 285.
Pokemon Y Friend Safari: Grass, (Oddish, Swadloon, Maractus)
3DS friend code: 4356-5367-3068

User Info: RoboFish

RoboFish
3 days ago#26
I'm at 399 missing Zacian. I'm trying to trade a freakin shiny Gmax Corviknight and people still don't want to trade. I think Zacian is currently going for $60 lol.

User Info: Crystal_Dream

Crystal_Dream
3 days ago#27
IamNori posted...
Crystal_Dream posted...
If you have to use something outside the game itself to accomplish something, that's a flaw with the game itself.

That is indeed the flaw of having two different versions of the same game, not necessarily the lack of GTS. Maybe Pokemon is better off with just one version? It's certainly more convenient that way.

I can't say for sure. I just know that ditching the "third version" idea was brilliant.

Even without version exclusives, you still have trade evolutions. I wouldn't be opposed to a game where you can get every single Pokemon, and ironically, Sword and Shield is pretty close thanks to Raids.
"Petals dance for our valediction and synchronize to your frozen pulsation...
Swirling wind sings for our reunion and 9.8 is my acceleration." - Mili

User Info: HoennMaster

HoennMaster
3 days ago#28
Will capture all the Gen 8 Pokemon for my living Pokedex, but otherwise no unless I decide to get HOME.

User Info: kamilohbk

kamilohbk
3 days ago#29
Andros-2k10 posted...
Yeah I'm at 270. I'm trying to complete the Dex because I need to obtain the Shiny Charm before I start to breed for Competitive Pokemon like every other Pokemon game before this one.

Wait, how does one get the charm first?
Nintendo Switch FC: SW - 1377 - 4544 - 1026 || https://i.imgur.com/XC2qiK0.png

User Info: Lucidious89

Lucidious89
3 days ago#30
The way i play every Pokemon game starting from Gen 6 onwards is to capture/evolve everything available to me as i play the game, so that by the time i reach the champion, my regional dex is already more or less complete.

Not only does this make the single player campaign much meatier, but it makes completing the dex easy. For example, im 5 badges in and my dex is at around 315.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Did you OR are you going to complete the Pokedex?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers