This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Shiny Hunt Dreepy Masuda Method

User Info: ZoneDrones

ZoneDrones
3 days ago#11
DarkBuster22904 posted...
ZoneDrones posted...
how would i go about getting a pokemon from another region :/

Trading. Wonder trade works... wonders

are you talking about surprise trading? i've only ever gotten rukidees from that!

User Info: ShiroKurom

ShiroKurom
3 days ago#12
What should I do with the now 525 Dreepy how many boxes are available in this game? Iam now at box 30

User Info: GuitaristMatt

GuitaristMatt
3 days ago#13
Give them away for an hour, then delete the rest
PC | PS4 | Vita | PS3 | PSP | PS2 | PS1 | NS | Wii U | 3DS | Wii | DS | GCN + GBP | GBA | GBC | SNES | GB | NES | 360 | X1

User Info: Steel_Shadows

Steel_Shadows
3 days ago#14
Your odds are roughly 1/680.

That does NOT mean that you are guaranteed a shiny for every 680 you breed. The 680th will still have 1/680 odds.

It means that on average, one should appear every 680.

Long story short, keep going. It's a long haul, even with the best odds. I've scored shinies in less than ten, and I've gone dry for 4000+. Just gotta keep at it.
To add to this: You can still calculate how likely one egg out of however many will give you a shiny. If you hatch 400 eggs with odds of 1/680, ~44.5% is the chance that at least one of those will be shiny. So in other words, you lost an unfair coin toss, now on to the next 400+!
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.
RoboFish posted...
This must be why I only get Dreepy from Surprise Trades.

I am contributing too.

But mine are in Moon Balls.
Splatoon - Monster Hunter - Fallout - Pokemon - Smash - Mario Kart - Overwatch
https://i.imgtc.com/htAmKq4.png
(edited 3 days ago)

ShiroKurom
2 days ago#16
GuitaristMatt posted...
Give them away for an hour, then delete the rest

What you mean with give them away for an hour? And then delete the rest?

ShiroKurom
2 days ago#17
Steel_Shadows posted...
Your odds are roughly 1/680.

That does NOT mean that you are guaranteed a shiny for every 680 you breed. The 680th will still have 1/680 odds.

It means that on average, one should appear every 680.

Long story short, keep going. It's a long haul, even with the best odds. I've scored shinies in less than ten, and I've gone dry for 4000+. Just gotta keep at it.
To add to this: You can still calculate how likely one egg out of however many will give you a shiny. If you hatch 400 eggs with odds of 1/680, ~44.5% is the chance that at least one of those will be shiny. So in other words, you lost an unfair coin toss, now on to the next 400+!

This means I need every time 400 more if I don‘t get a shiny in 400?
Iam now at 525

User Info: Steel_Shadows

Steel_Shadows
2 days ago#18
ShiroKurom posted...
This means I need every time 400 more if I don‘t get a shiny in 400?
Iam now at 525
No, it's just a probability calculation. Just like every coin flip is 50/50 heads/tails, but it's unlikely you won't get heads if you flip a coin 20 times.

Your next egg has the same chance of being shiny as your 800th egg. It just happens to be more and more unlikely that your huge batch of eggs won't eventually have at least one shiny, but that probability never reaches 1. It's never guaranteed, but it's less likely than likely that a batch of 500 eggs doesn't have at least one shiny. Get it?
Games are like women, they don't have to be smokin' hawt to make me happy.-Mr_X_Returns
Member of the IRDC, where everything's a dirty joke.

User Info: Contracts

Contracts
2 days ago#19
You may be better off waiting until you have the shiny charm, it doubles your chances, iirc.
I offer contracts. You get a wish. And other stuff! Apply now!
*Contracts now feature NDA's. No termination clauses*

User Info: Zaye_

Zaye_
2 days ago#20
If I were you I’d wait to finish the game. You could potentially spend a full playthrough’s time and more to hatch this single Pokémon shiny.

Also if I were you I wouldn’t even bother if you can’t guarantee 5 perfect IV stats on it once it’s hatched. I like my shinies to be perfect through and through, gives them the actual “trophy” feel they’re supposed to have.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. Shiny Hunt Dreepy Masuda Method
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Answers