This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. We are never going to get the old Pokemon back in this game.

User Info: omniryu

omniryu
2 weeks ago#1
Yes the hackers did amazing thing and discovered interesting things. However, it doesn't mean we ( as in those who don't have their Switch) will get any of the old Pokémon through and update or DLC. Maybe a mythical or legendary but the overall catalogue is a no.

It is a POLICY. Game Freak said multiple times that they established a POLICY of not making all the old Pokemon return. They not only doubled down, they have tripled downed.

I am just making a reminder that they have discussed with Nintendo and the Pokémon company about this action. This isn't just a "f*** it, I ain't doing s***." Thing. Game Freak went to the Pokémon company and had a meeting.

Not to make anyone mad but I am just letting you know so you won't set your self up in the future.
PSN/XBL: OMNIRYU
Switch FC: 5419 6809 0486

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
2 weeks ago#2
I think we all realized that from the start Jimmy. I think you're missing the point of it all Timmy. Oh Jonny, why do you not return it to us? The partners that we lost~
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: kirbserker

kirbserker
2 weeks ago#3
omniryu posted...
so you won't set your self up in the future.

You have no idea the depths people will do to set themselves up to fail.
Paper is overpowered, but scissors is fine.
-Rock (RenamonFOX)

User Info: rosacea

rosacea
2 weeks ago#4
Ummm was this an actual expectation? They have been very clear from the start. Just because you refuse to believe it doesnt change the fact.
The grass is full of clingy things

User Info: BloodMoon7

BloodMoon7
2 weeks ago#5
rosacea posted...
Ummm was this an actual expectation? They have been very clear from the start. Just because you refuse to believe it doesnt change the fact.

They'll add them all back in if we just BELIEVE. Clap your hands if you believe.

*I'm not going to clap my hands*
Fire Emblem Three Mounteds
The Black Peaglesus, The Blue Stallions and the Golden Wyvern Rideers... Which mount will you choose? Fire Emblem Three Horses.

User Info: NaturalHarmonia

NaturalHarmonia
2 weeks ago#6
omniryu posted...
Yes the hackers did amazing thing and discovered interesting things. However, it doesn't mean we ( as in those who don't have their Switch) will get any of the old Pokémon through and update or DLC. Maybe a mythical or legendary but the overall catalogue is a no.

It is a POLICY. Game Freak said multiple times that they established a POLICY of not making all the old Pokemon return. They not only doubled down, they have tripled downed.

I am just making a reminder that they have discussed with Nintendo and the Pokémon company about this action. This isn't just a "f*** it, I ain't doing s***." Thing. Game Freak went to the Pokémon company and had a meeting.

Not to make anyone mad but I am just letting you know so you won't set your self up in the future.

So now the in-game metagames will probably always be s***.
Pokemon Ultra Moon/Ultra Sun Trainer ID: Aaron/Link
Nintendo 3DS Friend Code 2423-7295-7058

User Info: Juliansgirl

Juliansgirl
2 weeks ago#7
It’s all about control and make Pokémon home seem useful.,
pokemon home has to flop if you want your Pokémon back.
pokemon home is why we have no gts it’s in the app

User Info: brinetold

brinetold
2 weeks ago#8
the majority don't care about pokemon.

for example, they have fun with Cinderace now.

in next new game, they don't care about Cinderace.
Black2: 3354 - 2028 - 7676
3DS: 2251- 5231- 2519

User Info: Octorok385

Octorok385
2 weeks ago#9
NaturalHarmonia posted...
omniryu posted...

So now the in-game metagames will probably always be s***.

The meta has always sort of been s***. You know those tier lists everyone uses? You know how Landorus shows up on a metric butt ton of teams? Why go through the hassle of 800+ mons when the same twenty have made up the competitive scene for years? Just play the game, it’s delightful.

User Info: 7656198

2 weeks ago#10
If they start just not having a Nat. Dex. then this will be the first time I start keeping Pokemon games (I tend to sell them right before the new one drops and transfer my mons to bank).

Still hoping the backlash was strong enough to have it return though. Now that I've completed the game and doin WA, I wish all/most pokemon were catchable. I could spend hours there just battling and catching mons.

Regardless I doubt it, but I still think its a bad move haha, but whatever. Just sucks to finally get a console (mainline) Pokemon and we cant use them all.
PSN: Snycher
Twitch @Snycherus & YouTube @Snycher
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Sword
  3. We are never going to get the old Pokemon back in this game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers